ZOLL Compensation & Draw Program

Discussion in 'Zoll Medical' started by anonymous, Sep 1, 2019 at 1:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can an experienced sales representative inform me more about ZOLL (the company) and if Life Vest is a good device to sell. I am coming from a great pharma job making great money but the recruiter is telling me I can double my income to $250k-$300k. I am being offered $95k per year with a guaranteed bonus each month if I make 100% of sales (fits) or not and a $650 monthly car allowance.

This sounds to good to be true especially a Guaranteed Bonus. Can someone tell me if this information is true or is the recruiter/ZOLL manager full of BS? And with the car allowance do they pay for gas/car maintenance or is that part of the allowance?

Everyone is out here trying to make an extra money but I would like to know what is the real deal. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Car allowance is 300 every 2 weeks. You can expense all gas but maintenance is your expense. You will make bonus every month if you are between 76% - 100% or more. Obviously the closer to goal the more you make. Each territory is different. I would find out why the territory is vacant and how much turn over it has had over 5 years. If it is stable with access, it might be a good fit. An estimated earnings of 250-300k is very inflated. I would say $160-$220 is reasonable year over year, to be over $250 you need to be a top performer which is difficult to accomplish year over year with the way goals are calculated. Where are you looking? Hope this helps.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will NOT make as much as they are claiming. In fact if you do not hit your goals and go above those goals, you will be placed on PIP. Simple as that. You came from pharma? Ok well over here no such thing as a paid company shut down during the holidays for example. In other words your phone will ring off the hook on Xmas eve because of one hiccup after another. You will not have a life. Bet they didn’t tell ya that. You will put a shit ton of miles on your car. Not worth it. At least with pharma you can trash your fleet vehicle. People here are trying to either break into pharma or trying to go back. You will fit vests on patients who are dying in their hospital beds and in the same breath be forced to ask for their credit card. People that are doing well here have great access and coverage and/or are doing something borderline shady. And you’ll know who they are. In meetings they can’t even mumble intelligent sentences. When it comes to Zoll it goes on and on. You have been warned.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call bullshit on this entire post. They do not offer a starting salary of 95K! No way. More like 75. You will be lucky to make $120-135 total

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes this information helps a lot. I figured the recruiter inflated the numbers. I definitely have some thinking to do and follow up questions to ask.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa! No they did not tell me that. The position is in a metro area so I was informed that the access and coverage was pretty good. Coming from big pharma this sounds like a position I may need to reconsider and big turn off. The managers should need to be more upfront.

Thank you for the warning.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you notice I asked if I could have someone provide me facts over BS. Coming from big pharma your salary can start at $95k or even higher depending on the area and experience. The recruiter told me they would match my salary with a guaranteed bonus. I always knew medical devices to have a draw bonus structure. That’s why I’m looking for clarity.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoever saying that you start at 75 does not work here. You may start at 75 if you have the lowest category of territory by volume. There are 4, and salary Increases with each. Im on n’y second year, and I’ve made 150+ so far. Last year was 180. It’s not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Great experience. It is NOT as easy as pharma, so if you’re looking for less work, go elsewhere.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few territories open in the Phil’s area. How’s the management team for this area? I’m trying to get away from bad mojo management and don’t want to get into something worse

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The water is warm so jump on in cowboy . Management looks to have restructured with new faces and the company is valuing employees and customers alike.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People are running from Philly. You have a completely incompetent manager there and then 2 newbies that drink too much kool-aid and don’t know what the hell they are doing. The new AD is also in that area so it’s a complete and utter nightmare. They act like they are the breakfast club more than a management team with device. Horrible. Run run run

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You liar, people like me a lot and I have engendered a lot of loyalty.