Zoll Lie vest

Discussion in 'Zoll Medical' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many will be looking for new jobs after the rif, but only the those that are truly desperate should consider working lifevest or more accurately, the Lie vest. This place is horrible, the worst environment to work in ever!!! The sales team is considered expendable, and you are treated as such. Lets also take a look at the track record of the Lie vest. 100,000 patients, 1000 saves, at a cost of $500,000 per life saved. How is this good for healthcare? This will all be coming to an end soon. Insurance will not continue to pay $3000 per month for such a low risk. Stay away

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an idiot. No wander you were extracted from the field. Tell the information that you so haphazardly gathered to someone who lost a loved one, due to SCA, while waiting for insurance to cover an implantable one. OR the patients who have had extractions of total systems due to infection but remain a high risk. Sounds like you should send your resume to Walmart. You will do fine ...."line 4 is open with no waiting".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, stay at Medtornic while the crazy management runs the company in the ground. Sounds like a plan.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my area, post number 1 is right. The Zoll reps here harass us to lead them to our implaters. This is a metro area, and I don't know of any Zoll reps that are happy with their job. My doc's run from them, but $ 500.000? Save rate of 1% is still a save rate.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The health care system is not going to pay foe these just because they sae an occasional life even if that sounds cold. Sorry, but the new reality us that it needs to be cost effective as well. The current benchmark is considered to be about 50k per year of life saved. To calculate, we need to know how long these people are surviving. Beyond that, a shock will no longer mean a life was saved.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say a cap of $3.99 per year of life saved on this comment. Ass

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$500,000?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one can predict sudden cardiac arrest...that 's why it 's called " sudden ". These patients who are prescribed to were this vest are usually in a waiting period in hopes their EF returns to normal within a 3 month period. Let me ask you genius, the one on here trying to do the mathimatical equivalent to healthcare dollars vs one measly life saved.....how many patients have a defib implanted for YEARS and never receive a life saving shock? HMMM? How much money does that patient cost the healthcare system? With all of the in office device checks and gen changeouts and prescriptions and new leads, ect. Look who is calling the kettle black. Get a life and lose your overinflated ego. YOU will be asking me for a job once you are RIFF 'D for the next fresh CRDM superstars who are willing to take 40 thousand less a year, have more cardiac education than you, and whose title does not make them feel entitled.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ICDs have gone through economic reviews multiple times and have been shown over and over to be less than 50k per year of life saved.

Go get your own board to discuss the life vest.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$500,000 per life saved? With experience from Lifevest and Medtronic, I might be able to help.
    The $500,000 price tag for each live saved by the Lifevest must be calculated by adding the total number of patients which is approx 100,000 multiplied by the cost per month $3000? multiplied by the length of need which used to be calculated at an average of 2 months. Then divide by the number of lives saved which is about 1000. This would give that figure of $500,000. This is a high cost, but it does save lives. Now, will insurance continue to pay for this? It is unlikely that this will continue at this cost. Lifevest will have to drop the cost to about 1000 per month to continue to play, and the lifevest trial must show a better save rate than 1%. It looks like the risk is low for most patients.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought it was $1000 a month?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was told today by the rep that the cost is $3300 per month. Like many, I was unaware, not even my core physicians who have used the life vest knew about this. The company does a good job of keeping the cost hidden. She confirmed that the save rate is about one percent and that the totals a very much in line with what was printed above. This will get crushed, stomped out by hospitals and insurance. My core implanters understand that some patients are at risk but feel that the life vest reps intentionally mislead with weak data. When you don't have good data you have to mislead and scare for business. Shame

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would your core physicians order a Lifevest without researching it first? Total use is about 3 months. A hospital mark up for a defib can and implant cost a patients insurance company up to 100k. Is your core physicians mad about that? If my EF could return to normal, I would go with the lesser and find protection until a repeat echo. Don't you have other companies to pick on, you bunch of egotistical bullies. Isn't STJ stinking up your pods? You're just pissed because your company hates you and you will be let go soon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The life vest reps are mis information experts. Half the patients take the thing off. Had a patient took it off day two, was billed for three months. This was the last patient from my group.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a CRM Rep, I can see a niche for the LifeVest. If your patient takes it off, that's not the company's fault...just like skipping meds or any other compliance issue. I do agree with the poster above that suggested that Obamacare will be scrutinizing cost-benefit of this and many other products.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is the company's fault if it is a comfort issue. We have a poor compliance issue with this too.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a monitoring service, the device reports how compliant the patient is on a day to day basis. The patient downloads wireless info that loads for the clinic to access and review, like your carelink system. If there is a concern regarding compliance, the clinic should contact the patient, they have the information. It has external pads, be realistic, laying on them will not be comfortable, but your life is worth a little discomfort. Atleast to bridge prior re-eval. I reccommend it for any patient who has a noisy RV defib lead, nondependant, and needing to be pushed out on the schedule for extraction or new defib lead placement......the cost is less than hospitalizing a patient over the weekend because you cant address it until Monday.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

compliance is low

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will cause trouble for Zoll. In this part of the tri state area, compliance is really pretty good. I would venture to say about 70%. What will cause trouble for Zoll is that they bill Medicare no matter what the compliance wear rate is. If patients informed Medicare or their insurance that they were billed when life vest knew they did not wear it they would be looking at major fines. Is that not fraud?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the SBIC does not list them as a monitoring service and as such they can not act like one. Secondly, I am curious on how they actually consent patients? How do you install a device without knowing whether it is paid for (PO cut) or if covered? They still have some good people there despite being run over