Zone Director

Discussion in 'Schering Plough Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how would you rank your Zone Director's?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EJ=Improvement needed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does not really make much difference; this concept of zone managers will disappear this year. Fact!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Zone Directors here are all top quality individuals. I know each of them personally and they are dedicated to the success of MAH, it's employees and products. If the few, who spend so much time complaining, directed their energy toward the good of our company we would all benefit.
    I encourage you to model yourselve after just of one of these Zone Directors and the talent would be unmatched.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of us know them personally. To critique a Zone Manager is considered complaining by a malcontent. Why can't an employee comment on a manager with out being considered a non team member.
    To model myself after the zone manager I would have to forget the many years I have spent working SP Intervet Merck products to our customers in the field. Not one of your close and personal Zone Director icons have ever sold our animal health line to our customers. Yet they are qualified to direct my activities in the market? Rule one in sales is know thy market. Our zone directors have adopted Know thy excel, multi colored spread sheets as their motto. They serve little purpose and are just an unjustified level of burecracy that we don't need. look at the inexperienced RMs they have hired and the non experienced reps that have come from the RMs. We have many problems and to model ourselves after the Zoners would be a disaster. Is yes to every suggestion or idea your vision of a great talent?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. They are all "top quality individuals". The concept of zone director is flawed. It has been done before in slightly different formats and never lasted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here my friend.......through SP, Intervet and now Merck (and before).
    If you don't think the Company is on a better track.....it's probably time for you to change trains.
    This one has probably left the station without you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm new to this thread. I've also been here through the various renditions of our company.

The company is on a "different" track. Some aspects of that difference are "better" some not nearly as good. While I personally don't dispute the general quality of the zone directors, look higher up and at other management in Merck. There are many, many management level people who are lame, at best.

The reality though is those spreadsheets etc. - they aren't being driven by the ZMs. They're dictated by mother Merck. THAT is why you are seeing the changes. Better for Merck? Not so sure - ask others in the industry - customers and distributors - what our reputation is. Better for our customers? Again, ask them and you will get the truth. Though you may not want to hear it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same history, "sp, Intervet, and now Merck" and way before. Have seen the extra level (zone) of management added before. Those positions do not last. Hopefully the company is tracking better. Will not track any worse without zone directors.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy Dementia Batman. Before Schering Plough! Schering merged with Plough in 1971 and you were here before that? So you have a minimum of 44 years with us. While depending how early before Schering and Plough merged you could have been here since 1954. Wow. I am impressed. Do not believe a word you are saying but still impressed you would attempt to sell your absurd comments. By the way the zone director system was first implemented with our company in 2008. Previous to that it was always regional managers reporting to a VP or National sales director.
    PS- That train you are jumping on is coming at you not for you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI....
    Before Schering-Plough Animal Health was Mallinckrodt just before that was Pittman-Moore.
    This goes back to 1992 obviously you're not familiar with our progression....would you like for me to continue with the quick history lesson in our Animal Health progression for you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both tried area/zone management and it failed!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Say what? Schering animal health became a business division in 1954. In 1971 Schering merged with Plough and created Schering Plough Animal Health. Through the years that division made various purchases. Burns Bio Tech in the late 70s from which we received Intra Trac, Beuthanasia and a group of ophthalmics. Burns was absorbed and no longer existed. In 1992 we bought Mallinckrodt that had previously purchased Pittman Moore. After that purchase Mallinckrodt Animal Health was history. With the purchase of Organon by Schering Plough in the mid 2000s we SP acquired Intervet. In 2010 Merck purchased Schering Plough and now Schering Plough is gone. So professor , How did I do on my history lesson? My guess is that you learned something.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's with the blow by blow history lessons? Who cares? Even a newbie knows how to use Google and can look this all up on the Internet. (Or maybe in the AH industry book PC gave us as a "gift" a few years back.)

How about we actually have some interesting dialogues and viewpoints?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I guess you know the history of the new company we now call MAH.
    It is quite ashame you're such a bitter person. We would ALL probably be much better off if you found a new home in the industry. Especially, if you're that unhappy here. This will be my final comment to you regarding this thread. The last I checked no one has handcuffed you or anyone else here.
    Best of luck to you in your search for happiness and fulfillment in your life. I hope you find a way to be fulfilled without being destructive to others.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Technically Schering-Plough bought Merck and then changed the legal entity back to Merck. Everthing else sounds correct

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I would rank the ZD's as....AM, EJ, RC, AS.....comments?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is bitter? Was it the history geek? Didn't read bitter, boring maybe but can't see where you got bitter. Which poster are you referencing?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Schering bought Mallinkrodt in 1989 not 1992.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes - Why do you rank them this way? And do you really feel you know enough about the ZDs (other than your own) to confidently speak to this?