2019 layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Aug 15, 2019 at 9:55 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ABT is doing OK in some areas, stock is good, but there are pockets of cutbacks starting. Hiring freezes, open position cancellations, executive 'retirements' without replacement, most DVPs given cut-back tasks.

Nothing too disastrous, just Miles preparing for recessionary climate.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IT is continuing to outsource.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are still far too many IT people in bands 20-25 - at least 35% more than Abbott needs; the plan is to exit them (hopefully gracefully) and bring in lower band IT hands-on 'do-ers' and not 'strategic directors'.

Painful IT cuts coming - and about time, too.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lost of 'tasks' in Operations, IT, R & D, sales, and middle-management layers

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was a small RIF at ADD Dallas last Thursday. R&D and Operations were impacted.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not that small; 27 total impacted, plus open positions cancelled, promotions frozen. Tough deal for those impacted.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard two top ranked from IT Infra got let go. Does anyone know who? And why?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One was going down on the other and they forgot to close the office door.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do the fuckin needful2

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Deeper IT cuts are in the works. Cafeteria menu going through yet another major revamping, hamburgers might be gone along with roast beef.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True enough. In house infrastructure engineering teams to be sourced in coming months.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are rolling into January, layoff month for Abbott. I 've worked here for 16 years and this seems to be the pattern. I guess we need a new thread...2020 layoffs

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take me! Take me! Get my package and go get a real job.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's an idea for you. Grab your package and go running down the hall yelling "Yippee!"

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like a plan.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be surprised if you do get the boot and that your package isn't all that great. Severance packages have been toned down this past year, unless you're executive. In fact, they're about a quarter of what they once were. So... Don't kid yourself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My job at Abbott got moved to another group and I got laid off after 12 years at Abbott. I am not young and my package was about eight months. This was about 4 years ago. Bad news for employees if this generous kick in the ass is now gone.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got 3 months at Abbvie for 12 years of IT service two years ago. Guess I lucked out.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump.