abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sieg Heil! Herr Führer.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get out of ADC within 3-4 years tenure and you’ll be fine. After that you’ll carry a non transferable brand that will hurt your future.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

. Working for the industry leader in technology is hype.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FDA issued ADC a 483 in 2018 after a multi-day audit; a few months later, Jared got rid of the DVP of QA (she landed back at ADD where she came from). Finally some IT guy (Ram?) stepped in and overhauled the Quality Systems and things got much better for a while

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dexcom creatde the G6 CGM and was leading - until ADC won the market with Libre 2.

Dexcom is run by amateur bean-counters - it will be toast in the next 2-3 years. They simply cannot match Abbott's global scale.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott has long been on FDA's shit-list for arrogant quality violations. ADC is up for a consent decree in teh next 18 months.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company was built on 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards philosophy. That’s why for years it’s nothing more than a rat in a cage running on a wheel going nowhere.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Having spent a couple of years with both ADC and Dexcom, I can definitely say that ADC has Abbott's coprorate muscle behind them and finds a way to scale globally and win big. Dexcom is at best an amateur shop and is a rather chaotic start-up type company. Dexcom is no threat to ADC. Also, the Dexcom-Google partnership is going nowhere.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dexcom did put out a better CGM early on. But ADC has a better sensor (thanks to Dr. Ben) and once the R&D group at ADC got moving in the right direction it was a no brainer. After the Libre feasibility studies where done both Miles and Heather saw the potential of the the product and let it move forward. The main thrust was to make Libre cheap at the cost of no real time data (RFID and scan). It worked...ADC captured the market. Now the Libre 3 is Blue Tooth Low Energy, full CGM, and with a very small sensor. Nobody at ADC expected the level of success that Libre has achieved. But ADC needed this product to survive because strips and meters had become a commodity product. Note that most of meter companies where sold to Asian companies and the many generic meters offered by pharmacies.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just read that BD is spinning off it's diabetes division. To Meter maids....time to update your resume.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how is that even related to the Libre?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fact that Abbott is pushing out the Libre 2 system before they have a phone app available shows how completely disconnected they are from what the public wants. I mean, honestly, if all other features between two competing devices are about equal, except one has a phone app, so you only need your phone, and one doesn’t, so you have to constantly carry the reader/scanner with you, which one are you choosing?...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a personal user, I prefer the meter but have the phone app as backup. The meter isn’t inconvenient to carry, and doesn’t transmit my data...
    Also, in wet weather outside, I’d rather risk the meter getting wet than my pricey phone.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, if you're a "personal user", and you stated you "prefer the meter, but have the phone app as a backup", then you either have the Libre 14 day, or Dexcom -which proves my point.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would think that the Libre 2 is a bridge between Libre 1 and Libre 3. The Libre 2 is somewhat Bluetooth (for the alerts) whereas the the Libre 3 is full Bluetooth (data and alerts). I suspect the reader works better than a phone for the Libre 2 alerts.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BIGFOOT. Thoughts?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FreeStyle Libre 2 iCGM, FreeStyle Libre 3, and partnerships.

Abbott Diabetes Care #abbottproud

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s be honest, ADC has game changing technology.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. Therasense developed its sensors for CGM but in the late 1990s and early 2000s the technology was not there for a good CGM system so Therasense made strips and meters for income. The CGM stuff was just skunk works...until Navigator 2. Then the idea for Libre came up and ADC had the best sensors and lots of experience with CGM (and Libre was cheap). The skunk works was looking at low energy Bluetooth before the standard was completed so when it showed up in cell phones ADC was ready. RFID was an inexpensive way to get a good CGM system to market. ADC needed to wait for BLE to mature and to prove out its "Flash CGM" product. The Libre 3 is the real deal.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ALERT: Donegal manufacturing expansion stalled for Libre 3; product quality issues, much lower than anticipated demand for Libre 3. 2021-2022 are shaping up to be a terrible year for ADC revenues. The massive depreciation expense (from the $2.3B 2018 - 2020 investements in Donegal, Witney, Flex Buffalo Grove, & Flex Austin) , is hitting Operating Margins heavily. Layoffs coming for ADC operations & quality.