abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn more layoffs? ADC has put reps thru the ringer.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last year Abbott made a big deal about Libre 3 CE mark and the roll out was Q1 of 2021. So maybe these issues are why there was only a limited product release in Germany. Libre 1 was similar....took some time to get it right.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Senseonics has great 180 day cgm data. Libre 3 doesn’t matter. Now go guide down earning again.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2021 revenue guidance for ADC & Abbott overall are going down - stock is dropping and stock price target is lowered (high $80s by 1Q 2022). Libre is becoming a commodity product and Abbott has to now absorb years of significant depreciation expense (~$650MM/year) from ADC's wild spending spree the last 2-3 years on Libre expansion.

No choice but to cut headcount across ADC and Abbott: areas targeted are Operations & Quality (Alameda, Witney, Donegal).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Way too many DVPs, Sr Directors, Directors across Abbott in Ops & QA anyway - will be good blodd-letting to lean down team to more doers and fewer execs

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Patients don't like to be cut. Very true in poorer countries. Plus the cost of the Doctor visits and surgery issues. Libre 3 and DexCom G7 will dominate the CGM market for a long time. Also, given that these devices are BLE, they can be used in a clinical environment for temporary glucose monitoring. Just need to have a PC or BLE enabled hospital monitor.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many reps in this division? Is division in a hiring freeze?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dexcom's G7 is delayed by 2 years - it is not working, leaking moisture, and they can't get the design right. Even when it does come out at scale (4Q 2023) it is still larger than Libre 2 and unwieldy. G7 is no threat to ADC.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ohsu and Providence switching all patients to senseonics based on pilot study outcome

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was interviewing for a territory in the Midwest and was all but told the position was mine. I then received the robo-email saying they are pursuing other candidates. Then the job reposted.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s dirty business. ADC has always been mismanaged for years.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? ADC has a sensor that is better suited for a small on body piece. I know that DexCom partnered with Google back in 2015 to do the G7 in order to compete with Libre. In a way they had to start from scratch...new sensor, new inserter, and new electronics. Whereas ADC has been using their sensor for years and have a lot of experience with it. In the quarterly meetings DexCom has been a bit evasive about the G7 status. Wonder how Libre 3 is doing? It's shipping in Germany.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dexcom G7 partnering with both Lilly and Novo.also It will be good that they combined both sensors. Easy to insert. Especially for seniors. Also the Libre doesn’t have alerts. Which is why I am going back to Dexcom once G7 hits.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6565457"...Also the Libre doesn’t have alerts. Which is why I am going back to Dexcom once G7 hits.[/QUOTE]
    Yes it does now, you have been misinformed.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes it does now, you have been misinformed.[/QUOTE]

Still easy to insert with combo sensors + partnering with the 2 giants of diabetes.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually Libre 3 does have alerts. Given that Libre 3 already has CE it's almost certain that it will get FDA prior to G7.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was looking for some info on Libre 3:

www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/diabetes-care/how-good-is-FreeStyle-Libre-3-they-are-here-to-testify.html

Above is a bit of ADC propaganda but, given that Libre 3 is in Germany, one can find reviews on the Libre 3. Abbott was very quite about this product after the CE mark in Sept 2020. Now they are talking about it. I think Abbott was being careful about the roll out so as to avoid the quality issues experienced with Libre 1. That is work out the bugs prior to a full EU release. The point is the product is in production and on the market, has EU approval, and FDA submission, so it is at least a year ahead of G7. Not vaporware.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

G7 will still have the advantage with combined sensors and easy to insert not to mention partnering with the big boys at Novo and Lilly.!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The G7 sensor is not that much smaller than the Libre 2 and a lot bigger than the Libre 3. Check out the video on the Libre 3 sensor insertion. Very simple and is combined. The G7 is better than Libre 2 but is not as good as Libre 3.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the Abbott sales rep. Hahahahaha