Abbott Neuromodulation

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Jun 6, 2018 at 12:50 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I just started getting into the neurostim market - looking for job opportunities. Third quarter results show that MDT leads the market based on global sales, followed by BSC and then ABT, with Nevro catching up every quarter. Last I checked, Nevro had half the quarterly sales of ABT, so seems to be a legitimate player with a $6B dollar market cap. Are these the 4 main players?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total S show, this is a dying business unit

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go to Medtronic or Boston Scientific instead. Nevro is a solid and legitimate competitor, but is not having a strong year. Not sure what it means for the long term.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the good people are leaving and the people that shouldn’t be here are getting promoted or running the show. Run away if a recruiter reaches out

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mr. Boettiger was finally moved out of the neuromod division. It might be a better time to join the organization now as his toxic leadership is not a factor anymore, but BSC and Medtronic are crushing Abbott this year. Nevro is having a bad year, but still posted two thirds of the revenue of Abbott in Q3 - even though they have only been in the market for 6 years. If your goal is to rebuild a company and culture, Abbott is a good bet. Otherwise, I would definitely choose one of the other 3.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott is a perfect example of a company that has grown too quickly and has hired awful management (Keith being one of dozens), and they’re trying to put out fires while trying to maintain social media profiles that make them look like great leaders. It’s a joke here. Smoke and mirrors!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Accurate. The immaturity of many of the “leaders” at this company is obvious. Not qualified, huge egos, just a bunch of good old boy who are friends with the right people. But what’s new in this industry?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did part of mr boat anker's orientation when he started at Advanced Neuromodulation Systems. I'm pretty much doing the same thing (and well enough to survive over a dozen layoffs and two acquisitions), he's failed upward for many years. I thought he was attentive and engaged back at the beginning, but haven't had much interaction with him since.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New hires are all amateurs and slut bags now.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ABT Neuro having a rough time. Culture was awful and the leader Keith and crony Salma were really terrible for the business and company. Salma is gone but Keith got promoted to the heart portfolio. We couldn't believe it, treat employees bad and then get promoted and hear some great people already left under him. Anywho culture a tiny bit better but now Nevro and Saluda are taking our share and lunch buffets. Less desserts and assorted entrees but we got plenty of mayo and potato salad.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why so surprised? #AbbottProud

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haters wil always hate those who are recognized for their achievements and successes. Keith built a dynasty within neuromodulation after PH gave him a chance to lead by example. This unfortunately meant PH was destined to be one of the sacrificial lambs that K eliminated first. Brilliance on display when it comes to KB building his businesses!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dynasties last at least a decade, Neuro under KB lasted a few years at best. He is a culture killer, ask the masses of people who ran from him. And two of the best VPs of heart failure in ABT history bailed shortly after he became their leader.