Another Eye Care blunder

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Sep 19, 2019 at 8:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With the 10 year history of failed launches Im left scratching my head about Durista. Acuvail, Lastacaft, Xen, Multi-dose and True-Tear....all disasters. Only thing that has been reasonably successful is product extensions of old products and to a small extent Ozurdex. Wondering why a provider or patient would choose this when they have ALT/SLT or MIGs if they want to go dropless?

Predicting another blunder, missed forecast and layoffs. I’m hoping not but the same cast that brought us the other failures are bringing us this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. Feeling a bit tarnished, aren't we now?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a bit premature to declare Durysta a blunder or a success. It hasn’t even launched yet.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

true it hasn’t launched yet but there needs to be a clear market for a new product or a clear need...that was the point.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a clear market... There's nothing else like it available. If rolled out successfully it will actually help patients and doctors, and if you disagree good thing you won't be joining the team.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

good luck convincing doctors to inject a drug that’s non inferior to timolol.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And this basis is on what... bull? Lol. Funny you have access to any type of data, go sell primary care meds.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there are other more effective and affordable dropless choices to lower pressure in the market. Concerns me that the folks who sized up the market with the other launch debacles are the same ones launching this. I hope I’m wrong.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there are other more effective and affordable dropless choices to lower pressure in the market. Concerns me that the folks who sized up the market with the other launch debacles are the same ones launching this. I hope I’m wrong.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what is the overall outlook in eye care? I see many specialty role positions opening up as an aftermath of the account consultant position. Basically is this a good job long term? Any input good or bad, thanks.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over promise + under deliver= Jag

Anything this man touches turns to garbage.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And don’t forget No Talent LeCause

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How will Abbvie look at this product? What if approval doesn't happen on time?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Omg - how about the Cosmetic blunder today!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What cosmetic blunder??

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who's really working til the end of the year?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Might as well add another All-Star to the bunch. Durista will flop worse than Xen. Cash only for the 1st year (probably) and a huge miss on the forecast (almost certainly)

For all the glitz and glossing, the only thing eye care has been good at here is repurposing, extending patents and temporarily flexing on managed care plans to beat back competitors.

Except for the Gans (and their various iterations) its one train wreck after another. That says it all.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

seems promising hearing all the products in pipeline and revenue this division generates. I still have to imagine that it’s a good place to be in, or am I speaking to the wrong audience on this?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Problem is they’ve been talking shit about a pipeline for 12 years with literally nothing to show. Nothing in the touted pipeline looks even remotely promising...maybe just maybe abicipar but that’s even doubtful