BAUDAX BIO

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 11, 2020 at 6:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hiring all positions

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty sad that you have to advertise here.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IV Mobic - give me a break...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Launching a drug in this environment ? How will hiring and training go? When does Offirmev go generic? How have the last two IV NSAID launches into this market fared? Answer these questions and you'll know why nobody with a decent job is going to Baudax.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This could be one place where coronavirus actually could work in their favor with elective surgeries being postponed. But will that outweigh the need for funding?, the looming recession?, and the need to hire? (I don't know who is going to leave a job right now for a place with this much risk)

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about Heron? Will it be any safer bet? Assuming they get approved...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d think twice about GC as leading this commercial effort

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m confused. Which company does GC belong to? Heron?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This drug already has some challenges but now add launching during COVID 19. This company cannot catch a break.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CEO of Recro & Baudax Bio.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As excited as I was for the potential of joining these guys when they got approved I don't see how Baudax is going to make it. I like what they're telling me about the plans, but that says "Cash burn" as they keep hiring and I'm sure making a lot of behind the scenes investments. Heron's approval clock is ticking as non-essential surgeries are being delayed while hospital and system budgets are being decimated by COVID. It didn't look like the offering was successful. They're also not really giving me a date on when they want to get started as the current situation plays out and who knows how the summer is going to play out. What's everybody else thinking?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been talking to both as well. Baudax is approved and seems to be moving forward with offer letters and plans to launch (albeit tbd). Last I heard from Heron was tentative launch in August, and that was of course dependent on approval. I am leaning towards Baudax at this point as I do feel like there will be a need given the drug shortages that are happening.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I talked to both Baudax and Heron as well. Definitely was impressed with Baudax during the initial process but as things progressed I saw some red flags. Heron seems to have a business plan that includes a broader reach and they have deeper pockets due to a revenue stream from other products with an established presence in the hospitals and clinics. They should be ready to turn on a dime once they get approval. The limiting factor will be how long the current situation will prevail and how likely that elective surgeries will return and how open the clinics and hospitals will be to having a presence from either company.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Out of curiosity, what are the red flags you are starting to see with Baudax?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GG is enough to cause anyone to second guess a move here. Hard to imagine that’s all they could find

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all want the exciting new start up and that's what grabbed my attention, but I felt like he was selling me too hard on the opportunity so I dug into it. I think there's a mix of issues. It's not all on him, but that's a part of it. If you have a job, I'd say its 50% his reputation, 30% company and product risk and 20% COVID.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd rather not say except that there were mixed signals throughout the process.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would agree with that this third time. There definitely seemed to be mixed messages. However, it's still a good drug and a good strategy for lift off even in the middle of this pandemic. They'll definitely pick up the business at ASC's which will be a nice chunk of volume.