Biogen I appreciate the gift, but please don't send alcohol

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I appreciate the gift for the national meeting, but please consider not sending alcohol through the mail. The USPS prohibits alcohol for certain reasons. My 22 yr old daughter, who is temporarily living with us after being in recovery, got a hold of the package as it had "wine" on the sender address. We came home to her drunk as a skunk. I know this isn't anyones problem and will probably get a lot of backlash remarks, but alcoholism is rampant. If I would have known about the gift in advance and perhaps been given an optional gift that was alcohol-free, I would have taken it. There are a lot of people that don't drink and certainly of no use to them. It is a lovely thought but sending alcohol directly like that can have seriously bad consequences.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love gifts too. Thank you too. But I agree alcohol should not be a gift

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am an alcoholic and in AA. I've confided in my manager. It wasn't a good feeling for me to receive the gift and wish I wouldn't have opened it. I immediately gave it to a neighbor and called my sponsor.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ditto. I go to group support twice a week. I opened the box and it wasn't anything I expected. Kind of a kick in the gut as I feel like I have almost fallen off the wagon a couple of times during this terrible time with Covid. I just can't see stuff like that right now but I do appreciate the sentiment. I'm glad someone brought it up as I felt very low over the weekend about it and all the mistakes I have made with my addiction. My wife has been very supportive though.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You all have a point, but why, WHY in the world would you share here on a public, anonymous forum? A well worded, well intended message to you manager would actually have a chance of reaching those that can change a decision about gifts. To post it here tilts towards complaining and grandstanding.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? I'm not a poster, but taken back by your response. THIS SITE is the ONLY anonymous outlet for anyone in this ruthless industry. None of them ever disclosed who they are. If you think for one second any "anonymous survey" a company ensures employees of or anything you tell to anyone can't possibly backfire , you are crazy. The biggest mistake in any of these posts was confiding in their manager. In most cases, the manager always ends up telling others. Sometimes people want to simply just get something off their chest. And by the way, companies do look at this site. I know of specific instances where leadership trolls this site regularly. So they are better off leaving a message on here as in most cases representatives of the company will read this and maybe, just maybe, make a change.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bloviating cretin. GFY

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG, you're that nauseating bitch, aren't you? Yes, yes you are.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, yes I am. Are you not the adult dumb ass? OMFG, u r a thirsty thot. 182.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm just catching this thread this morning and shaking my head. Lady, you have got an awful problem. Not one thing wrong with what anyone posted. You seem very neurotic. Guess you haven't been laid in over a year?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I agree alcohol should not have been a gift that was automatically sent. It should have been an option. Appreciate gifts though. Too many people with alcohol issues

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with this point. Does no good to post thoughts on this here other than to unproductive venting. But hey, if it makes you feel better then go for it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG, you're that nauseating bitch, aren't you? Yes, yes you are.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unbelievable what a bunch of sniveling, sissified wussies you people are. OP, you think the mail is the only place your drunken sorority girl has access to booze? Maybe you should have put a little more time into her upbringing if she can’t control herself. What the hell ever happened to accountability for one’s own actions? Clearly, you are looking for big brother to “protect” you in every way. Keep voting for asshole demorats because it’s clear you do. People like you have ruined this country. I wonder what the boys who stormed the beaches at Normandy what think of your drivel.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn’t it difficult to type while you’re on your way back from insurrection camp?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yikes your an idiot! So unbelievably scary the people that work among us. I guess your life is perfect??? Hopefully you don't have kids because as a parent you do the best job you can. I would never judge the poster because I have no idea the circumstances. You are an A-hole too. I'm sure karma will hit you soon.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word up!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen reps seem incredibly toxic.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting your concern about an alcoholic gift. It was a dumb corporate move. Period. I don't blame anyone for not commenting within the Biogen walls. I've heard plenty of stories where it has completely backfired. Another poster was correct. There is no anonymous Biogen comment platform and people have been burned. Biogen will read this and realize their mistake. In terms of the very immature comments, just ignore. There are so many morons that work at Biogen.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We don’t care about all of your stupid, rep, opinions. Accept the gift, and shut your mouths. This thread is just one of the myriad of reasons that we don’t take you seriously.