Biogen I appreciate the gift, but please don't send alcohol

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When is sending alcohol in a work situation appropriate? There are so many people that don't drink for many reasons

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the company merely sent it to employees. They didn’t hold a gun to their head and force them to drink it.

can you also not send a good item to an employee? What if they are overweight or have type 1/2 diabetes or heart disease?

can’t believe the company gets shit on for trying to do something nice.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're an idiot with a terrible comment. I agree with this post. Something things are appropriate and some things aren't. Alcohol and work do not mix. A product sent to the mass employees should not be alcohol related for so many obvious reasons. HR 101.
    In the United States, 2/3 of the adult population over consume alcohol and it is a huge problem.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that you took issue with the poster’s comment means you are either a drunk or a fatty. Or potentially both. You enjoy tipping a few back then heading to 7-11 for a sloppy burrito.

what would you prefer the company sends you? (Please don’t say M&M’s). Me personally, I enjoy an adult beverage on occasion. But I am also responsible enough to NOT over indulge. The issue with drunks is they don’t know when to say when. Not the company’s problem.

poor me....pour me....another.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If people don’t want the booze gift from the company, please just send it to me. I love to tip a few back. Helps take the edge off. And unlike others on this board, I am able to hold my liquor. (Usually hold my liquor by the ears). Ha!

or, give the booze to your most important office. As part of the lunch order you deliver.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something I taught my child when he was 2 1/2. When you get a gift you don't like, just say thank you. You can always return it, or in this case give it to someone else or dump it down the drain.

Just because you are offended doesn't make it wrong.

They could have sent out pink slips instead, so be thankful.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bingo. Reaffirms the overly entitled comments someone made earlier. Thank you for reminding people to just say thanks and be grateful. It’s good that you’re trying to raise your child to be relatively thankful. It appears that the training Dept at Biogen should take a lesson from you.

the amount of shit the company has sent me is preposterous. And every time, I just say ‘thanks’ and then either toss it or give it to someone who wants it. Once in a while I actually keep it (maybe a Patagonia jacket, etc). But regardless of what they send, I always say thank you. Much easier to do then bitch and moan.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s SATURDAY!! Who is up for some day drinking? Love that feeling of being 1/2 in the bag and walking out of a dark bar into bright daylight for a smoke.

#sauceistheboss

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh please spare us and get off your self-righteous soapbox. Sending alcohol of any kind is inappropriate. I have read this thread carefully and the OP said they were thankful for the thought, but brought up an excellent point. Alcohol does not belong in any work situation. When you think of diversity and inclusion, this company is made up of many different backgrounds and cultures. There are many that are offended by alcohol. This is so obvious it shouldn't have to be restated. Some of you posters are nothing but pure children. It is amazing how many people have such simpleton minds.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh go back to church preacher. Just because you have no self control and can’t handle some of the devil’s juice, don’t feel the need to tell others that booze is inappropriate.

Plenty of people are also offended by those who feel all high and mighty. Guess what, you probably sneak out of your house and away from your wife to find a good glory hole after having some drinks at the town watering hole. We know you’re on the DL. Hey, it’s ok. It makes you feel better to cast judgement on those who drink up because you can’t handle your own foibles.

Hiccup.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have read this thread carefully- quote

Ok you need to stop right there..... you’re pathetic and no need to go any further. LOSER!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what a self righteous a-hole. You have this amazing thing called ‘choice’ and if you choose to NOT drink, good for you.

speaking of choice, I bet you’re the same type of hypocrite that will choose go protest at the local abortion clinic because it’s not appropriate. You have the nerve to tell people what to do with their body.

your issue is you just can’t handle having choice. Probably from an overwhelming lack of self control.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry--hard to hear you from the height of your self righteous soap box.

Go change some cat litter and STFU

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha. Love seeing glory hole and DL in the same post. It’s probably tempting the super religious person. Oh, I don’t know what a glory hole is. Yeah right...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Folks...above is the epitome of IDIOT

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah. Well remember that POA meeting when I drank too much, hooked up with a married chick and then missed general session the next morning because I was hungover? It doesn’t matter Marge because YOU have a gambling problem.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it bad or appropriate that I am reading this thread while having a Tito’s and OJ?

people who don’t drink and also don’t appreciate the company need to really relax a bit. Maybe have a drink or take a puff from a joint. Quit trying to make people feel bad for drinking.

Just remember. If you don’t drink, the best you’re gonna feel is when you wake up in the morning. It’s all downhill from there.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tasteless. Classless. Trash.

Need we say more?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because perhaps your manager is an asshole, and has NO business knowing that you or your daughter or anyone else is an alcoholic??? And if you think that I am going to tell anything like that to my neo-Naught-zee, step and fetch it, vindictive manager, you are crazy. This is a place to vent, why are criticizing someone for posting it here?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oh go have a drink and relax. You’re too uptight. Probably that gay shame you have. Can’t cope with being closeted and the constant lies you tell yourself, your (beard) family.

just know the booze will help with the pain and torment you’re feeling. The truth shall set you free.