BioReference Acquisition

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by anonymous, May 10, 2021 at 9:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word around the campfire is that BioReference is getting a serious second look......

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Always thought the day would come....imagine many of the former Quest folks will be left on the street if this happens. Don't see Quest taking back anyone they let go.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quest Diagnostics only cares about the future and the quality and potential of the individuals that we employ. Consolidation will occur and only the best of the best will remain. Regardless of which side they came from, or what occurred in ancient history.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would not count on that. Past practice has been not to take back anyone that was involuntarily terminated. Quest has a long institutional memory.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These are the words that are always spoken by those who are about to be replaced by more qualified individuals who are acquired through acquisitions. I’m sure this is all very overwhelming for you, but it’s important that you face facts. Quest Diagnostics suffered significant losses in revenue and professional talent to BioReference over the years. They are about to pay a high price to recover that revenue and those assets. If you think that Quest Diagnostics will act against their own self interest out of some sense of loyalty to you, then you are delusional.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quest will throw its own under the bus if they think they can make a nickel more with Bio reps. Watch your backs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better get back on your meds.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This deal will happen for one reason only, money! Quests new "Wall Street" revenue benchmark is $9.3b. COVID helped them in short run but hurt in long run. The only way to raise the revenue # is acquisitions. They will get $800m+ from acquiring Bio. That is only reason this happens.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Quest is acquiring BioReference out of pure kindness. Thanks for stating the obvious. What everyone really wants to know is where Cindy will land in the new organization.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not kindness, need. I don't think you realize the pressure the stock will come under once COVID testing is gone and we are back at $7.5b revenue. We need revenue fast and it is not coming organically. We need acquisitions!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brush up your resume, employee who thinks he needs acquisitions. The talented folks at BioReference will be replacing a good number of you.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worry about yourself. I will be fine! I cracked up at your "The talented folks at BioReference will be replacing a good number of you". Funniest thing I read in a while.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell it to your new supervisor at the pre-owned Kia Dealership. Perhaps he’ll think it’s funny also. Face facts. Quest is buying BioReference because they are valuable. They have desirable business that couldn’t be obtained by employees like you. We want that business and we want the talented professionals that captured it on our team. If Quest reps could do their jobs successfully, we wouldn’t have to buy other companies. Brush up your resume.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No lab can replace $1.8b in revenue without acquisitions. Bio sucks, but has instant revenue. Now when this deal goes down and our stock jumps 10 points, I will be laughing while you try to figure out how this used car salesman has is smarter than a seasoned lab man like yourself!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bio sucks? Really? Quest Diagnostics is incapable of organic growth and needs to spend investment dollars on BioReference to stay alive, and Bio sucks? BioReference and our incredible team is the gold standard in the industry. We are the solution to the problem that is, Quest Diagnostics. This acquisition is about far more than revenue. It’s about the future. Quest needs our professional talent. They need our skills. They need our vision. They need, CJ.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you joking? CJ is a s*hit show at best. If you’re an old important person who needs a HJ, I guess she’ll do. Quest Diagnostics however doesn’t play that game.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Much of Bio leadership did tours at Quest and were either let go or could not compete with the deep bench of talent at Quest and left on their own. We don't need any of them back.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don’t get to make those decisions. The A-Team at Bio has already been secured. Most of the cuts will be on the Quest side and CJ will be leading het new team.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bio is gold standard? After COVID ends Bio is back to being a $800m lab. They are so awesome they are only an $800m lab compared to Quest at $7.5b without COVID. Quest need $1.8b in revenue to stay where they are at post COVID and even with Bio they need $1b more in revenue. Quest does not care how great the work is, they just revenue!. Wake up idiots!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same BS over and over. There will be no sale.