Boss is holding my last commission check

Discussion in 'Dealing with Your Manager' started by Anonymous, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left my company several months ago and my boss has still not paid me my final commission check. He insists that he will not pay me until I return my inventory that is "outstanding." I was never given a list of any outstanding inventory until 3 months AFTER I left the company. I turned in everything that I have from the company and turned in all my paperwork during my last week at the company. Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to them? He is claiming that I need to return or find all outstanding inventory or he will take legal action on me.. I don't even have anything!!! I live in the state of PA and I think it is illegal to hold your employee's paycheck..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check with the wage and hour division of your state employment agency. Or you might want to have a lawyer write a nasty letter to the HR division of your former employer.

Those MIGHT help (emphasis on might).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call the EEOC and file a complaint with them. It's not legal. Each state has a deadline of when the last check must be paid, and 3 months is certainly over the deadline.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are laws against withholding compensation from employees.

File a complaint with you local state labor board.

A hearing will get scheduled to determine whether your claim has merit.

If it does there are significant penalties for unlawfully withholding earned compensation.

The longer it's withheld the higher in the penalty in my state.

Good luck.