Brainless manager who may want to fire, what to do?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Your Manager' started by Anonymous, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is out of his mind, forgets everything he tells me and gives me(samples). I just broke into device sales 7 months ago and my manager is always confused as to what I've done or am doing, even though I have told him a hundred times. I'm worried I might get the can as I got the job only because his previous employee quit and he needed someone. Now my manager is picking up reps from the company he used to work for and I told me he wants to move me down to an associate for them. I was supposed to have a new contract written up to be moved from my rep postion to an associate position, but never received anything and there has been a lot of silence from my manager, only one email that we needed orders from a one of the companies I represent and that email came at a time he was worried about the future of his business. I feel like I might get kicked to the curb as he got what he wanted from me(someone to sell products and be used on quotes since he was still under a contract from his previous employer and it seems like Jan 1st, 2011 would be the time his contract expires). Unfortunately I can only assume, but really don't want to be fired, as I have worked extremely hard, but feel that I might have only be used as a tool and will no longer be needed as the new reps are moving into the territory I had because they have more connections and will be caring over from the company they're leaving. I don't know what another company would say if I quit after 7 months, what would you do, and do you think my feelings about being fired are worth worrying over?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the associate job and look for another job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let the jackass fire you if that is his plan - it takes forever to fire people anyway. Make contacts in your current job so you can get another device job more easily.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just offer him a BJ and you'll be fine. He won't forget that I bet!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest