Buy American???

Discussion in 'MicroPort Orthopedics' started by anonymous, May 15, 2020 at 10:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How will the Buy American initiative effect MicroPort implant utilization in our hospitals. Will surgeons continue to support MPO? Another nail in the coffin for a Chinese owned company.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The pending destabilization of Hong Kong will be an interesting twist to how the US continues to work with China. Looks like 7.5 million in Hong Kong will be forced back under communist rule. This will impact everything, financial markets, distribution, manufacturing, not to mention the rights and liberties of the people in Hong Kong. This has the potential to be a huge human rights disaster as well. It's safe to assume that significant economic sanctions are coming on Chinese products . Can't see this being a good thing for us? Opinions?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think these implants are still made in the US but doesn’t it feel dirty sell knees to US patients if the money all goes back to the CCP?

I can’t imagine that many of our customers would be buying these knees if the new the parent company was China owned.

big red wave coming.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How has this worked out? I’m of the impression that customers are unaware of source of their product. I’m aware and would never have an implant from China?

Do they sell these products at a big discount vs others made in the US or EU? Or are they just keeping the money for themselves?