Can anyone give me information on Brian Pipko?

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2007 at 1:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard he is the new manager in Florida for the oncology sales force. He has no oncology experience. Why was he chosen to go over to the new oncology sales force? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He does not have to have to have ONC. exp. He is a great leader of people and everybody that has ever worked with him will tell you he is the best manager around. People on the ONC. side have to get over them self. A DR is a DR. I do not care what title he/she has. I have sold to all types of DRs and they all have the same traits as a ONC Dr. Remember selling is selling it does not matter to who you are selling it to. If you are a good rep you will adapt to the nature of that Dr no matter if the Dr is PED, CARD, PC, GP ETC.....IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!. Pipko will be by far the most fun to work for and you will get results from him......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If what you say is true, why is Cephalon only looking for experienced oncology reps for the open positions?

I agree with what you say.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was hired over others becuase he's won multiple president's club awards, his reps love him, he is consistently among the top reps no matter what products we're selling and he's a great leader. He will learn the ONC market so don't kid yourself and think that only ONC experience can lead to success. This guy is the greatest manager anyone could ever hope to have. Trust me.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the best area managers to work for. Safe bet to say that he will have good numbers over on the oncology side.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brian is a great guy and a great manager. He built a phenominal team on the CNS side and I'm sure he is capable of doing the same in ONC. By the way, can anyone who has management experience explain to me how a great manager in one therapeutic area can't be a great manager in another therapeutic area? Onc reps. are NO different than the rest. A great rep. will be great no matter what environment they encounter. The challenge of a great manager is finding a great rep. to hire. Brian knows this. He has practiced this and he has had great success. Here is my prediction - his area will be on top of the nation day one. Check in 6 months and try to prove me wrong.

By the way, to you fags who always want to make an arguement into a sexual issue - Kiss my A--!!! Check you closet, you may find youself coming out of it. You have no merit commenting on this post.

Best regards to Brian in his new adventure and best regards to his former phenominal team in the CNS.

Regards,
    Crystal Ball

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it possible that the Oncology field might really be very different than other realms of healthcare?

We all expected the ADM market to be different, with unique challenges, but no one was prepared for just HOW different the ADM market is.

I'm not saying someone with only CNS or PCP experience can't be successful in Oncology, but one of the lessons learned from the Vivitrol launch is to not underestimate the challenges of moving into a new market.

Speaking in absolutes is also not wise. Check the old pre-launch threads for Vivitrol, it's amusing how many of these statements were made:
    "Customers can't wait for this to launch--we'll run out of vials if we don't put some controls on supply."
    "This is not a Medicaid product."
    "VIP3 will coordinate everything."
    "Insurance coverage won't be an issue. Would you want to be the only MCO that DOESN'T cover a product like Vivitrol?"

At least consider the possibility that ONC is very different, and that previous success in another therapeutic area does not guarantee success in ONC.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking in absolutes is also not wise. Check the old pre-launch threads for Vivitrol, it's amusing how many of these statements were made:
    "This is not a Medicaid product."
    "VIP3 will coordinate everything."
    "Insurance coverage won't be an issue. Would you want to be the only MCO that DOESN'T cover a product like Vivitrol?"

Moron... All of above the were out of the hands of those in sales. It is what they were told. Cepk/Alk shaould have done their homework. They chose not to and you know the rest.

Trying to compare ADM and Vivitrol with onc is plain foolish.

By the way were all of you onc folks born into that specialty. It is all extremely comical.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are completely missing the point. You're capable of grasping it if you try, but you're too focused on being combative and not losing the argument to take a moment and consider a new idea.

Read it again, the guy's not even disagreeing with you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are completely missing the point. You're capable of grasping it if you try, but you're too focused on being combative and not losing the argument to take a moment and consider a new idea.

Read it again, the guy's not even disagreeing with you.

No my fine feathered friend, you have missed the point. Why don't you start over from the beginning.

Hoew you have missed the point is extremely concerning based upon how simple the reply was.\

You Onc folks are sharp... Wow!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology sales is as different as Cancer is to Psychiatric illness, both complex in their own way, but both as different as night is from day. Their will be challenges that some will find dificult to overcome and others will eventually prevail. Its the way it always plays out.

As for Brian, he is a good guy and an above average manager, but his success record was not soley talent based. It was timing & location that were the hallmark of his success as it was for the guys that occupied that space before & along side him i.e. (JD 8x PC Winner-go figure, TC, JK, AB) and you can place whom ever follows him on that list as well even if its Charlie Brown. All good guys hiring good people but their is no magic to right time right location, it works in real estate and so many other areas of business as well.
    It not an occurence that anyone should envy, be embarrased about, argue over or deny. Its simply a blessing for those (including reps) that benefited.

"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good points. Anyone in pharmaceuticals/biotech that consistently wins those type of trips and ranks in the top 10 is without question an above average rep. That said, there is a measure of luck and being in the right territory at the right time that also plays into that type of success.

Typically, great years are followed by huge increases in goals and forecasts that make it difficult to always be at or near the top. Additionally, managed care and formularies play too much of a role in this type of sales to be discounted. You could be the greatest rep. in the world but if your drugs have bad formulary coverage in your area, you are going to have a huge uphill battle and rarely if ever win those type of nat'l awards. I mention tihs because I always find it amusing how recruiters and hiring managers in this industry tend to focus so much on this stuff that they forget how the industry actually works. I'm not saying that is this case with this manager (I'm with a different company) but I always take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

finding experienced and tenured reps in Oncology is essential. Access is a big issue for non-oncology reps in most Metro Cities. This why they are hiring only experienced oncology reps. it isn't that anyone can learn oncology,but it would take someone who has not been in the business years to develop relationships within oncology offices/medical centers/and hospitals. You have to know how to navigate through tumor boards,MPC,and etc. What works and what doesn't. Who are the thought leaders and etc. Hiring experienced reps.,guarantees quick access for new drug launches.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hiring vivitrol reps is a sure pathway to failure

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an 8-year experienced Oncology rep, and I interviewed with Brian. He told the recruiter that I was qualified but that he did not feel a connection with me and didn't think he could work with me so didn't want a second interview. Despite this, after learning his successful history from the recruiter and talking with him for an hour, I honestly believe he will do a good job as a DM. I had no oncology experience when I started 8 years ago and won President's Cup my first year in my territory--yes--some of it was luck and due to my predecessors. But--Brian will hire the right people, and they'll all do fine. He knows what he's doing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is Brian and I worked for him in Florida in CNS. He is a good judge and a great manager. Good luck!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pipko ROCKS. Anyone who has the opportunity to work for him should! He is the type of manager that you get to work with once in a lifetime.... You will be very happy with his management style.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey ONC people! Are you honestly asking details about a manager right now?! GET A CLUE! This company is cutting reps in every division! Do yourself a favor and instead of researching managers, research the products Sparlon, Vivitrol and Fentora and find out how those faired with sales... You better hope that Treanda actually gets friggin' approved and Ceph actually launches the product correctly, unlike Amrix or you will all be in the employment lines with us within the next year. Need not ask what it will be like working for a manager at that point.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen Brother!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THANK YOU! ANY MORE BRAIN BUSTERS ONC?