Car ordering for 2021

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jun 17, 2021 at 10:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone been contacted to order? The FAQs mentioned that if there was to be an ordering cycle emails would go out middle of June.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you serious?? LMAO

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who needs a car when you can’t get in anywhere? They should be sending out stand up desks for better virtual call settings

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Car ordering was suspended last year.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It must be the same person that keeps moaning about lack of access. I have almost full access to my offices, it just takes a little more planning. My district has similar access as well. My drug rep friends with other companies have access. There are definite time and distance protocols in place now, and I can’t linger in offices like I used to, but the access is open. Glad to be back out.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do we order at 70k or 90k?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. People are taking the situation and creating their own vision for what they want it to be. I call it Hive Mentality. Alternate realities spring up when there is no diversity of thought, no dissension, no debate of any kind. That's where the "Now we need to be fully digital, virtual, let's transform the world". Whatever. Everything opened back up the way it was, with a few minor caveats like you said.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not sure where your territory is, but mine is pretty much open except for a couple of places that aren’t doing lunches yet, and a few that have less appointments available than before. So yes it was a serious question. My Altima was set you go back last year, it has a ton of miles on it and I’ve been waiting to get my own car since before this whole covid nonsense

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There will be no car ordering until further notice. As was mentioned suspended last year. Motus users got fixed amount set/grandfathered despite mileage. You can read between the lines but pretty reasonable to say there will not be any vehicle adjustments with an impending reorg.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There really is no cost for the company to allow reps to turn in a high mileage car and get their own car and go on a reimbursement program… Clearly this wasn’t really on the radar until recently, but now that we’re back in the field it’s a different story. This should be run up the flagpole as a reasonable business accommodation.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently it must matter what division you are in because our division was told we are having car ordering starting in the end of June/July. Not sure on mileage requirements but it was announced they are going forward with the order and no one that I know has been contacted as of yet.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almost $500/mo on my personal car while it sat during WFN…but there’s no cost? You’re delusional.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Car ordering starts end of July..It was finalized this week from what I’ve heard

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, is it still July or was this person full of shit?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I talked to an insider and was told we have so many cars in storage that no one will be ordering a new car for 2022. They will re-distribution slightly used cars. There aren't any new cars on lots anyway.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds about right. We’ve done this in the past. I’m at 100k and can tell the transmission is about to take a dump when it slips.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mine has a bad transmission and they refuse to fix it. They just reset the warning codes and it takes another dump. We've moved on from vehicle fleet here and they are ready for the call center "navigators" and shipping samples. My BMS counterpart just got a brand new Chevy Traverse.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s interesting! I was one who went to EXAS and all who are eligible ordered brand new cars already. Anyone over 75000 miles or 4 yrs. Pfizer just doesn’t want to spend the money, and we all took our old Pfizer cars with us so they are not in storage.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is correct. There are no cars in storage. When team 1 went to exact we took our 4 + year old more than 100000 miles cars with bald tires with us. The new fleet company assumed the leases and were surprised by how old the cars were because Pfizer didn't order cars for 2 plus years or authorize some repairs even. Exact is letting us order Volvo SUV and Nissan pathfinder. Theres no luxury cars offered at Pfizer. Yes well have to drive the those unsafe Altimas for awhile , but its nice to know well be getting safer larger cars soon.