Celgene reps

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Mar 16, 2021 at 4:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YEAH

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ouch... of the just under 200 Celgene reps 50 are gone and the next 2 weeks we are hearing another 50 may be as well.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would have thought more than 50 left already. But by months ends definitely more than 50 will quit.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you blame them. They lived a dream. High bonus, high equity awards and a culture where you went out and made calls.

Now they spend an hour certifying on a flashcard that won't be used because it's idiotic.

Now they spend hours each week doing teleconferences.

Now they have territories that you can work in 3 days.

Now they get in trouble if they don't do enough Engages.

What a sick, sick place.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are most going to Incyte?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Incyte is taking those that got cut or those that have low pay.
    AZ is taking those that are good, but have low pay. Just upgrading pay but still big Pharma dog and pony.
    UCB is taking those that are weird.
    Castle is taking those that are good, but just can't stomach 8 teleconferences a week and faking Engages.
    Regeneron is taking those that have low pay but don't mind giving up most of their vacation.
    Sanofi is taking idiots. Anyone who willingly goes to Sanofi is special needs.

The rest of us are staying here, faking Engages, and begging staff to open Rep Triggered Letters.

We have no idea how Enbrel is even doing.

This is 100% opposite of Celgene.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

low pay? Dang I’d like to make what you make... one of those said companies offered me 170 base, I’m ecstatic... but I guess I’ve been underpaid all these years

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are almost all gone!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn right. They have almost been completely purged. There are a few left and they fall into two categories:

1 - old, tired and just like the 401k match and reality that performance doesn't matter - you just have to hang around and act busy

2- the mediocre reps - the real talent has already been run off. the remainder are slugs.

"she who is in charge" will be purging the final remnants of leadership this winter and then everything will be just like NN again.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plenty of startups in Derm, Rheum, Oncology and Neph all paying 200k or more base with 60k+ bonus at plan. Amgen will change its game plan or most legacy Horizon will be gone within a year. Word on the street is that they are changing though by not changing the Horizon legacy bonus plans.

I change by not changing at all...small town predicts my fate...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your Horizon equity awards will be protected at a pro-rated rate for the first 2 years, then you will roll into the Amgen plan, which only really pays VP level or higher.

As a Celgene rep, that's right rep, I made $100k a year in equity awards. Since the end of our protected period, I've made $3k a year.

Get used to being nickeled and dimed on equity.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bitch keeps whining

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen drone keeps getting railed by TO and likes it

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

surprise, bitch keeps whining

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do managers get decent equity awards? What level of pay starts getting decent equity?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Describes most of the New England leftovers

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bonus plan in the GBU is very lucrative for 2024. Amgen is adapting to the times. I'm interested in seeing what raise we will all get this year. Inflation is 8% so it should be good.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The target IC payout in IBU has been the same for 14 years: $35k

We are woefully behind the times. Making up for it with some silly Bravo Contests for dumbass catalogue awards is not the answer.

Cash is king.

I need to pay tuition.