Counter offer

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jul 20, 2021 at 4:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does it exist in Amgen?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My experience is "it depends".

It's sad that many who are being pulled away from Amgen aren't getting counteroffers. Kinda defeats the intent of "best place for talent"...but I am hearing about a few departments who have given counteroffers.

However, the status quo is: "never accept a counteroffer". There's a reason why people want to leave.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is one of the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Biotech my ass! I cannot wait to get out of here! management team thinks they’re special but they are not! Morale is at an all time low! Who gives a shit about July 4 week off! Honestly!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem with seeking a "counter offer" from your boss is that you have already cut ties. From a manager's perspective, why should you counter offer? I would be thinking that I would have to renegotiate your terms each year and what's the point.

It only works when you are in an indispensable position. They're are only a limited few of those at Amgen. Just remember, all of us can be replaced.

If you are going to leave, then leave. Spend your time negotiating better terms with your new company. Amgen is a great company but does have flaws. If you can't get past these flaws, there are others places. Good luck.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

true. many companies are now giving a week or at least 2 or 3 days off that week. It's not as big of a deal as it was 15 years ago.

Many companies are also giving 10% match on the money too