CYMBALTA-- the new oxycontin??

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2007 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have absolutly no idea what you people are talking about. One year ago I was put on Paxil for situational depression and anxiety. I had some life altering things happen and I could not cope. Like most situations like this, when we feel better we stop taking it. In my case Paxil made me miserable with the side effects. The withdrawls were horrible, Probably because I stopped cold turkey. Your are put on small doses and over time increased for a reason. None of these medications are meant to quit in that mannor becuse the side effects could be horrible. However, I coped with my depression for over a year because I did not want to go through that again. I looked online for about two weeks to decided what medication I could live with. I've been on cymbalta for about six weeks and I havent felt this good in a very long time. Actually, I never even realized how depression really hurts your body. My aches and pains are gone. My monthly cycle omg I didnt even know it was comming. No cramps ect... I am just amazed. The side effects FOR me upon taking it lasted only a few days. I was put on 30 mg and three weeks later increased to 60mcg with no issues. Along with medications I go to therapy and this time I am comitted to taking the meds and working through the cause of my issues. When my therapist and doctor decide to WEAN me off the medication, I will do so properly. All I hear is a bunch of bashing on this medication and to want to get out of bed everyday for me is a beautiful thing. All of these medications are addicting. ALL OF THEM. They alter brain chemicles. What happens when a diabetic goes off their diet or stops their insulin? Their body will go into shock. They will get sick. Reading this stuff almost made me go off this medication and I'm so glad that I gave it a chance because it has helped me cope with everyday stresses of being a single mom, working and at the same time working things through with my depression. For the first time in a long time I can honestly say I am comfortable being in my own skin.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sign her up for next district meeting they can use this for a filler ha!!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I feel even better about selling Cymbalta than I used to. Why? Because in one thread you have both Effexor and Lexapro reps bashing it (and a "pharmacist" who was obviously passed up on in an interview). There must be a reason for that.

Bashing Cymbalta is pretty much all they can do at this point (aside from watching their market share plummet).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. This is exactly one of the right forums. Diedre do you have the courage to listen?

6. Agreed................Looks like the truth hurts.........

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Competitor Rep here-

We are getting away from the important issue here; refuting a worthless pharmacist (or trial lawyer). First off, discontinuation happens at some levels with all SRI's or SNRI's - not just Cymbalta.

The real reason you are bitching is because everytime you fill a Cymbalta script, you are losing profit margin and possibly a bonus. I'm sure you'd love nothing more than to switch than Cymbalta script over to Venlafaxine or generic SRI script so that you and your greedy little bottle fillers can make higher profit margins. You ass-clowns don't know (or ignore) all clinical data showing superiority of branded anti-depressants over generics.

Stay out of diagnosis, stick to filling bottles and shut up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe some day, when the feds approve "behind the counter" prescribing by pharmacists, you will change your mind. I am practicing as a community pharmacist after a 30 year career selling for Lilly, and when "behind the counter" prescribing becomes a reality, I look forward to throwing your arrogant ass out of the pharmacy when you come by to detail me on one of your products. Roche and GSK will get all of my business because they call on me frequently to detail me and ask for the business. They get the business through my phone calls to the physicians. Have not seen a Lilly rep for more than a year, and after reading your assinine comments, I am glad I haven't!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is a reason people don't go to the pharmacist for advise. They went to the doctor, so do as your told. Stop whining about having to compound. There are more Cymbalta indications on the horizon.

Cafephamra Poster RPH

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would be advice, not advise, idiot!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, you are a pharmacist; not a MD; not the FDA. You can get arrested in some states for doing your own compounding without proper licensing. Good luck in jail.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should stick to be a pill counting asshole! If you want to practice medicine, you should have gone to medical school. Fill what the doctor prescribes and shut the F... UP!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom Cruse, Is That You? Scientologist are crawling all over these Lilly posts. I guess they are not selling as many machines thanks to Lilly

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you do realize that oxy helps a lot of people. A lot of those that are addicted to oxy, abused it or didn't use it as prescribed. But of course...that's the drugs fault. I've been on oxy, got off with very little effects. I've been on many ADs. They ALL have withdrawal issues. Sometimes people come thru the effects ok, sometimes it takes a toll on them. Everyone is different, which is why we have so many different medications. But....you already knew that didn't you?

I will stay on cymbalta as long as it's on the market. I'm not worrying about coming off of it, because I never intend to do so. It's had a remarkable change on my life. I can live. I will not give that up again. So withdrawal is a non issue.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear All,
    Regardless of profit margins, side effects or the issues around coming off of Cymbalta, i dont care who makes it, or sells it. The fact remains that currently i am still alive and not wishing to kill myself!
    I am new to these forums, but one things for sure, you guys and gals bitching about chemical companies and lawyers and lawsuits has cheered me up!

Maybe we need more highly opinionate, but clearly not diverse forum members because i feel better inside when reading you argue amongst yourselves!

Thanks for that! Keep up the medical work eh??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi, I am a former Lilly employee from the MDD. That makes me old:) I was put on Cymbalta for fibro by a Rheumy who wasn't sure if my pain was RA or Fibro related. Unfortunately, the Cymbalta didn't help the pain and now I am trying to taper off. I have been in this process for 6 weeks. It has been very difficult, as I am almost constantly dizzy and nauseated. I absolutely get that you need to sell products. I live in your world. However, I think we all have an obligation when we are talking to doctors about new indications to warn them about the down side if a product doesn't work and they need to get a patient off of it. I will always be a big Lilly supporter, but I feel betrayed that no one explained the implications this might have on my ability to function if the drug failed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh pulease! Pull up your panties and deal with it! You just sound like a whiney little bitch.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, I am a sales rep. Second, I'm on Cymbalta. I've been on it for over 1 year for fibro. My dr tried everything....I felt like I was going crazy! The pain was still there...now here I am a year later and I am so much better. Are there days I have pain? Yes. But how much? I'm so happy for Cymbalta - I was a little scared since it was an anti-dep -but it is controlling my fibro pain. And, I dont worry about withdrawal - since I will be taking it to help me!

Thank you Colonel Eli!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'd feel MUCH better by adding Lyrica!!!!!!!!!!