Decline race identity on employment application

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Jul 29, 2021 at 1:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Given the current state of things favoring hiring minorities, can you decline “race” while filling out job application for a jnj opp? After all, its about finding the best candidate right?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I recently applied, interviewed, and was hired. I marked down “black” on my application because I knew if I marked white- I might get passed on before they even looked at my resume. No way for someone to ask you to produce documentation of your race. Do what you need to to get that 1st interview, the rest is up to you. Best of luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's only time before there is a law suit about even asking the question because it is going to be really hard for any company to explain why over 90% of their interviews are with people who meet certain criteria. Having an HR person on the stand stating "well, this is what we need", won't cut it in a court of law.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the best candidate for the job ideal has been long gone.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talent Acquisition post was magically removed.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your white just check the black box. Sad to have to suggest that but thats the new equalizer strategy so the best person gets the job regardless of race.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

race is literally not a factor in the application. it's for corporate statistical reporting only. the hiring manager might be feeling some diversity pressure, but that doesn't come into play until they physically see you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong. All Leaders are being held accountable for their bonuses this year if they achieve a certain number of blacks in their groups. If they do not have a certain % they will not be paid their $$$$$. Diversity initiatives is just another way to line the pockets of those suckers

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is just false... as a group lead my bonus structure is pretty straight forward and does not include hiring African Americans as a metric..

Do you actually believe the things you say?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha a group lead. Silly rabbit. The $$$ is for the VPs and above

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The diversity candidates sure come in well above typical starting $$ vs. others. Someone let that slip to me and they candidate certainly wasn't that good yet making more money then her peers.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We taking over. He need to get rid of your old white ass. And the rest of you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The candidates are provided a fairly inflexible offer based largely on years of experience, title, and the average for similar characteristics within the existing team/organization.

Stop peddling nonsense, this "I heard through the grapevine" is just make believe, when was the last time you hired someone at J&J?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who themselves don't hire many people directly...

Funny, wouldn't my VP tell me something when I was building out my team and filling some departures? Now, I have considered the diversity of my team, but that's more for personal bias awareness and correction.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I always answer "other" when asked for race. Why should I be put in a giant bucket of "white"? Like we're all the same? My heritage comes from Germany, Russia & Canada.

That makes me the same as the guy with a blood line from England, Italy & Sweden?

It only matters if it changes the color of your skin..Then its important.

All white people are the same. What a fuckin joke .

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are clearly a racist who wants to prolong the oppression of people of color. It’s time to identify anti-racist acts that you need to do to overcome your oppressor mindset. Try thinking about the needs of people of color instead of being obsessed with your own desires.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not racist to be, "obsessed about your own desires", or the needs of your own culture/ethnic group, as long as you are, "of color". For anyone without enough melanin, it is racist and therefore forbidden speech. I guess we can never be interested in our own self interests if we are white. Uh, okay. I guess I am not privileged enough to be able to even be allowed to disagree or even discuss it openly. I wish we were all the same color, and then every group could try and claim ethnic superiority by a completely new method. Eye color perhaps?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oakey, Doakey. I'll get right on that.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m white but given the new environment and favoritism toward people of color I check “black”. In my opinion it will only help you vs just checking white. Besides no one will ever ask you to prove it and that would be illegal. Until everyone it treated equal we will have that silly race id section on job apps. They need to get rid of it all together.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting perception. So you feel now that there is a concerted effort to recognize that people of color can make just as much of a contribution as their white counterparts it is considered “favoritism”. Did you feel this way when less qualified white people where given opportunities over more qualified people of color for the last xyz amount of years? Was that not favoritism? Competition is a tough pill to swallow for some.