Does Nuvasive drug test?

Discussion in 'NuVasive' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have interviewed for a job with Nuvasive and would like to know if they do a drug test. I really wish I did not need to care, but I take occasional medical marijuana as an epileptic and, although I have a card and recommendations from 3 neurologists, I am still not protected from the pre-employment drug screening despite the fact that I am a responsible patient who does not even drink alcohol and has never even tried another street drug in my life. The small amount of marijuana I consume is more effective at keeping me seizure free than any anti-convulsant available and I have tried them all. I will take the drug test regardless and give full disclosure, if asked, because I am the right candidate for the position and have nothing to hide, but not everyone understands. To stop medicating may not be the best option for me, as it keeps me seizure free with absolutely no side effects. I have lost so much in my life as a direct result of epilepsy, I would hate to lose this opportunity because I consume one big hit of weed 3 days per week literally while I am in my bed about 1 minute before I go to sleep (not running around high as a kite or I would not be able to do my job) to keep me from having a violent seizure. Any input welcome. Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As of years 2007 - 2011, the answer is no. Generally speaking, there was no sentiment for drug testing in the future either. This applied to all positions.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone else comment on this currently?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

surprisingly, no

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes they do test. it's done through labcorp.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any recent insight on this?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they do test. Marijuana is on the panel as well.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know if nicotine is?