EEOC Complaint

Discussion in 'Dealing with Your Manager' started by Anonymous, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have filed an EEOC complaint against my manager and the company I work for. I was curious if any of you can tell me what the procedure is after the compaint is filed as far as a timeline of activity. When is the company notified? When am I contacted.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That depends upon what your complaint is. Age, race, retaliation etc?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the EEOC decides not to pursue your complaint. They never do unless you are black or gay. You then have 30 days to file a lawsuit or forever lose that right.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about age?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is an EEOC complaint? How do you place one? What are reasons for doing so?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you working with a reputable attorney? That is my first question. If not, you need to get one ASAP. Your attorney should be able to give you a ball park figure as far as time line, etc.

I have also filed an EEOC complaint against my manager and company. I am working with s great law firm and am leaving everything in their hands to work out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you file a lawsuit, i'm assuming you have decided you will leave the co?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just remember....it becomes public record AND if you apply to another company it WILL show up on a background check.

No company will hire someone who has filed an EEOC complaint. Ever.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are completely FOS.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck you. You are so full of shit.
    Stay away forever, you loser.

Clearly, if this were the case, another lawsuit, bigger and nasty, would follow for a company that did not hire someone for this.

Did I mention?

Fuck you. You are full of hit.
    Stay away from here forever, you fucking loser.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While it usually becomes a public record, your attorney can demand that it remains a strictly private matter for the very reason stated above: no company will ever hire you if you have sued a former employer. It IS possible to keep the records sealed, especially if you agree to settle out of court. Good luck with your case...you deserve justice!

12. Trudiddy

Trudiddy Guest

Okay,
    I have a disability lawsuit against an employer who I am still technically employed by. See, I am on long term disability and the dr states I can only work part time and they will only offer full time so I am working somewhere else right now that will do part time.
    Sorry if I confused you and thats not the basis of my case.
    The EEOC accepted my complaint and filed three disability charges.
    Last I heard was this past November when it went for mediation and failed.
    I havent heard anything since then.
    Does anybody have any ideas on timelines about this and where it should be in the process?

Thanks

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't have an attorney on it, you don't have a case. All EEOC will do for you is ensure you get disability if you're entitled to it. Your original company will be able to get you on having another job. I know someone who filed an EEOC complaint and has had two aggressive attorneys working on her case (ageism, sexism, harassment). It's been over 3 years now.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

undercoverlawyer.com

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To posters 9 and 10 - fuck off. I told you so.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you file an EEOC complaint and document it with an attorney, You are protected legally from retaliation.

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/retaliation.cfm

Retaliation
    All of the laws we enforce make it illegal to fire, demote, harass, or otherwise “retaliate” against people (applicants or employees) because they filed a charge of discrimination, because they complained to their employer or other covered entity about discrimination on the job, or because they participated in an employment discrimination proceeding (such as an investigation or lawsuit).

For example, it is illegal for an employer to refuse to promote an employee because she filed a charge of discrimination with the EEOC, even if EEOC later determined no discrimination occurred.

Retaliation & Work Situations
    The law forbids retaliation when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice? For what's its worth?
    If you continue to sue?
    Usually after the entire thing is over most people are severely jaded in life and it affects them forever, whether they win or not. I have seen this over and over with friends.
    Anger and bitterness continue and are not good things to have for a healthy life.

If you feel cheated, go somewhere else, where you'll be appreciated, anywhere.
    However, if it is a serious and agregious complaint, that's different. Age?

Do you know how many 50+ white males are out of work with nothing but low end jobs available to them? Females now too.
    Times have changed so go learn from your error, i.e., thinking that a company valued you and wanted to keep you on forever.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful. I too filed an EEOC suit. I'm a black, bi, transsexual and they would never let me room with anyone at our POAs, but plenty of people always volunteered to room with me. Both men and women. After I expensed a plastic drop cloth, five gallons of vegetable oil and a dozen Redi-Whip, I was fired. My party cost less per head than the open bar for the region.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am crying I'm laughing so hard. Dude, count me in.

BTW, I filed a lawsuit against my employer for denial of health insurance and disability beneifts and won. There was no court, no nothing. I spent several weeks organizing my medical records and making my case. They read it and told me I was off with full pay until my docs felt I was well enough to come back. I have no idea if they call me a POS upon a background check. I do not know if I care as I'm pretty damn proud of winning since these companies often treat truly sick employees like shit.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest