Eisai Oncology South Leadership

Discussion in 'Eisai' started by anonymous, May 7, 2021 at 5:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never seen a company with a worse culture. You have M.C. that leads the region and all he can do is laugh at his inability to use a computer or to show up to a meeting on time. His only message is calls per day because patients need us....
    He hires managers like S.B. The most arrogant leader I have ever seen. She went from being a lifelong rep at the same tiny company to a manager and now has an ego that amazes me. You will only survive if you bow to her and play the games. Expect to be doing nonstop dinner programs during a pandemic. Don't worry as a good rep will find a way to get physicians to come to dinner during a pandemic. Oh and these have to be done monthly.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! Annnnd who do you think SB reported to when she was a rep?? One guess and the initials are MC. SB may or may not survive. O the times they are a changin’

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is only one manager in the South Region that is worth keeping, LW. The rest should not be in the positions they are in. Anyone could run circles around them. I have not been here long but, how did these people get in their position.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not SB, everyone knows what the issue is or who. The main issue is, Eisai isn't willing to repair the issue. I'm not sure its the persons fault, they won the position years ago. I always find it interesting, a company will put a rep on a performance plan but, never managers. People around here are not willing to step up and say anything. I've worked in the South for 4 years and nothing changes. The RBL should be in primary care. The RBL really doesn't understand oncology. Is that the persons fault or did Eisai just put the wrong person in a position? When is the last time a DSM was replaced, doesn't happen often.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You work at Eisai...the unequivocal laughingstock of oncology. What do you expect? This is the entry level stepping stone for oncology.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in the south region and there are only a few people I would keep. I'm guessing 2 in each division at most. The underlying thing that isn't addressed is, who are we hiring. Look at Adriana, I thought she was doing a great job. Then there is Veronica, she is extremely unapproachable. The people above are not running the place, We are being told what to do like we are in Japan and we aren't. Business here is different.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We need to remove a few layers or at least cut back,
    RBL, DSM, ARM, CE, ICAM, Training, HKAM, OSS- wow that's a lot of fluff.
    I would start with CE, ICAM, Training, and HKAM. I have never gained business from any of these. Also, do we need so many DSM's? Remove on per region. I also hear we are creating a women health job. Does that mean more managers etc..

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are hiring who we can get. No tenured onc rep is seeking out Eisai. We get those who are trying to break into oncology and those who sucked so bad in oncology that Eisai is the only place that will take them.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While this is probably true, does anyone ever notice the turnover rate here? I have never seen a company lose people so fast. WHY does Eisai not question that and repair that/those problems? Management, where are you? I guess looking for the next job!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When is the last time a manager was moved out? Never, the leave first. Nothing is going to change! In 5 yrs, I've seen one manager moved out.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The managers talking the loudest about the wonderful career opportunities here are usually the ones most aggressively shopping their own resumes.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

O the times they are a changin’

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s been like this since Eisai entered into oncology...not new at all. It’s a stepping stone or a final destination for the unhireable.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eisai is laughed at in the industry.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes but, it' is because we are acting like a primary care company. Role play, role play, rather than being able to have a conversation with a doctor and really sell. They seem to think we need a script which is primary care. Also, the pay and benefits here are not that good compared to the industry. The 401k is terrible, they don't even match at a decent rate until you have been here 4 yrs.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Umm...Eisai IS a primary care company. What did you expect? Did you think this was going to feel like those fun SF oncology biotech start ups where people make a ton of money and get paid crazy money from buyouts? If that’s what you thought this place is that’s on you...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is SF

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It stands for

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

San Francisco

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alex did the dude.