Fougera - A Division of Sandoz/Novartis

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:08 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice to see that this didn’t turn in to an argument. But back to the question asked by the OP, how are things at the MV/HV sites? I think we understand that Novartis is a decent company, but some people had issue with the management at the local level. Are things better now? What’s the senior management team like? Are there opportunities? Is it worth coming back if there are? Thanks everyone for honest thoughts.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The silence is deafening. Lol.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fougera transfering under Sandoz. Probably make sale or spinoff easier

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s an interesting take on it. Sounds possible.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What Sandoz should do is enhance and invest in the generic manufacturing here in the US for the US market especially during this pandemic time such as they're doing in Austria for Europe.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hard to believe the Long Island sites are still open. How many years has it been since Melville has even produced anything? And how many products does Hicksville still manufacture? Must be difficult for those that still work there.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're going to get sold! Watch out for reorg as the people they like are saved. The rest of you start looking for a new job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To who this time?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh brother.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been pretty quiet here. Wondering how everything is going since the Aurobindo deal was canceled. How is everyone doing? Any positive outcomes from this in MV or HV?Negatives? Big changes?

11. annoyed

annoyed Guest

As I pulled into the parking lot coming back from lunch today I realized what an elitist, archaic throwback reserved parking is. There are all these empty spaces reserved for SLT or directors. Does anyone really know what the protocol is? Great way to make everyone feel like one team. Terrible management. Still.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds to me like someone who doesn't actually work here any more. If you did you'd know why.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously seems like someone who just can’t get over the place. Move on with your life already.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the events of today, how do you feel about the place now?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Since the Aurobindo sale didn't go through Novatis is taking this place down person by person.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales and therefore manufacturing volumes are at the lowest the sites have ever seen. One manufacturing facility sits completely empty and disused. Virtually all equipment that wasn’t permanent and some that was has been removed. Most of the office space is empty. The other facility is barely scratching the surface of its capacity and much of the equipment it had has been removed and the product line is a fraction of what it was.

I’m not saying this to be nasty or mean but this seems like a long, slow painful death. How much longer can this go on?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's only a flesh wound!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There hasn't been a downsizing of this magnitude at the site in a long time. This seems like a really drastic measure and no matter how it was spun by JA it doesn’t bode well for the future of the site. I understand that it was necessary to give the site a chance at survival, but the odds are stacked against it as never before. Those who were let go this time may be the luckiest yet since they will not have to face the brutality of the decisions yet to come.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I attended both town halls last week. The first left me feeling bad. The second left me feeling worst. Hard to see anything positive. The volume that he talked about sounds like a pipe dream. It’s miserable here right now. Just try to do our best.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This ship has been sinking for years. Not sure how anybody could even stay on after this one. Are there even any decent people left there? I've not heard great things but it's only through grapevine.