Genova Diagnostics staff shortages and unavailability of ION panels

Discussion in 'Genova Diagnostics' started by GDX_Victims, Jul 3, 2021 at 10:59 PM.

1. GDX_Victims

GDX_Victims new user

Hello,

This is the latest updates from my functional medicine provider:

"ION profiles are currently running up to two weeks beyond the posted TAT. Instrumentation outages in the lab have impacted turnaround time. As they are repaired, we are working to release the oldest orders first. This issue should be resolved and ION results will be back inside of TAT within two weeks."

"I am writing to share that Genova is currently experiencing delays with their testing and this is impacting ION and Organix Comprehensive testing significantly. They are experiencing delays due to equipment and a shortage of staff. They are working closely with their vendors to resolve the instrument issues with ION and Organix, but repairs have not been as timely as expected due to vendors also having staffing issues. They are hopeful that they will be back in normal turnaround time sooner than later."

I have not been able to perform my normal routine for months with traditional doctors unable to provide a diagnosis. I turned to functional medicine and I have been waiting for 6 weeks for laboratory results. Right now my cortisol levels are outside of the safe range and I regularly need to take supplements to suppress my adrenal function or else I am incredibly aggravated and angry all of the time. These supplements help me to calm down but I've seen weight gain as large as 1 lb. per week. I am also extremely tired all of the time and I am unable to focus or concentrate.

I'm just trying to recover my health and everything depends on me getting these test results back. Does anyone have any information about what is going on with Genova? I just want to feel better. There must be another competitor someone who can offer similar test results. My doctor is refusing to use another provider. What should I do?

Please help

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Find a new functional doctor that will use a different lab.

Sounds like your doctor is all smoke and mirrors, much like Genova. If your provider isn’t willing to use a different lab after Genova was fined 40 million dollars for Medicare fraud they are as shady as the lab they use.

ps - get ready to receive a $400 bill from Genova whenever they do get around to finishing your testing.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pps: make sure you pay you bill on time and we’ll give you a discount (also illegal per insurance)