GSK stock performance vs. industry 2017-current (market speaks)

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To be fair and balanced..............the mess Emma was left by Witty and his crew from Lilly is a pretty hard mess to clean up..........it is hard to turn things around that took Witty 15 years to screw up.............what was that guy thinking........with regards to Emma, I don't think anybody else could have done better.......the reality is Viehbacher was the right pick........and if Emma was around then I would have chosen her as well.....

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s SIR Witty, you sniveling knave!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really! Gsk is under her watch. This is her mess. The fact that I hear more about I&D , electric cars and things that don’t matter to the bottom line is what the problem is. I’m in sales and if I ever said that I would be gone. Sales reps may have 6 months to turn it around. She is an awful leader and was hired for the wrong reasons.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

she's been at the helm for 4 years. when she came on board the business was in shambles. she may go to consumer in the split but in all fairness I'd keep her in pharma and give her 2more years. if no better then the board should sever her from the organization.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Veihbacher was neck deep in unethical and illegal conduct that GSK was convicted of. Coincidentally his stint at his next post was ended abruptly for the same reasons. Face it GSK has been taking on water since JP Garnier was at the helm. The systemic culture of sell baby by any means, just don't get caught has sunk this organization. The industry as a whole has been operating not in the gray area but indeed over the line in the black, to make money by any means necessary. Its a self inflicted wound that goes way back. Emma just gets to hold the bag of dung, and by doing so is clearly way in over her head!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you have had an issue for a long time with Management.................not sure how you would characterize the Witty/Lilly era............."ride the gravy train til th steam runs out?"

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m in a similar boat as you. 19 years in and was thinking about riding it out to get retirement benefits, but with the change in retirement, I now have to last an additional 5 years instead of just 2. I don’t think my morale can take 5 years.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto. When you hire a CEO with a background at L’Oreal, I guess we should have known things wouldn’t get better.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not worried..........we will emerge as a stronger company in Vaccines, Specialty and Oncology............it takes time. We may need to acquire but it will get done.....something the Witty group would never do............worse case, we end up getting acquired and we all get packages.....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Packages, That’s always been the worst case scenario.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible stock performance from a horrible company. The leadership is immoral and incompetent.