How is the Inflammation Business Unit?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jun 2, 2021 at 2:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I saw an opening for an inflammation position today in my area. Can anyone give me any feedback please? Culture, How the product is doing, Base Salary? Etc …

Thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run!!! You'll hate it here!!!! Amgen is only focused on metrics and not sales!!!!! It's the worst company in the industry?!!!!. The reps are arrogant and leadership does not care about the field!!!!!!

I think that I did it correctly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm. Thanks. I’ve worked at company with crappy people so I’m not trying to go straight to another one. What’s the base pay? Is 150K within range?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is like any other biotech. Some people enjoy it. Some people hate it. Your pay when you are hired will be determined by your past salary history. There is a pay band for all levels and not many people outside of HR have access to its ranges.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay. Thank you. Makes sense.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20 years experience and you might get 140-150. Its toxic, especially due to the failed merger of celgene and Amgen's inflammation business units.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was toxic before we brought them over. We maximized incentives around activity and minimized them around performance. Not saying all the Celgene people are stellar, but we should be adapting their culture of going out and making calls instead of faking Veeva Engages because SF needs a metric to excel at. Just go make some damn calls.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm. Thanks. Just left a toxic hell hole. Not trying to jump into another one.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay, thank you. Makes sense. Just trying to get some realistic feedback.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you come to this site??? You and Amgen deserve each other.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

contribute or shut up bitch

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

amgen is far from biotech. it's big Pharma

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I want to disagree but it’s true

high focus on metrics, not just # of calls but sending customers emails and monitoring veeva engage

Comp plan compares a 20-year-old drug to two newer drugs.

still a lot of calls and projects that don’t do help grow prescriptions

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately for the reps, our status as a biotech is not determined by your metrics and IC. "Big pharma" is the nomenclature that you choose based on idiotic rhetoric.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you think our environment and culture is that of a biotech?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run! 30 yr old product with 10+ competitors

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like anything else, it just depends. Depends on the manager, the team and the RD. Personally I am very happy in the IBU. I sell Otezla and Enbrel in a tiny territory I can work two days a week. I love my base salary, 401k and free car. I will stay as long as this gravy train lasts.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s good to hear. Thanks for the honest feedback. Is a base of $150K doable?