Interviewing for Bus Development Manager for Facial Aesthetics

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello. I am interviewing for a Business Development Manager position for Facial Aesthetics. I know it is a bit dangerous to ask for answers on here but...... What is average base and realistic earning potential? How is company morale and culture. What is training like, where and how long? I am sure there will be quite a few "hilarious" answers but hopefully I can get a couple sincere responses. Thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What area of the country? Culture is often dependent on territory/state business and DMs

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same sort of questions here... I'm located in the northeast. Experienced rep. Please give thoughtful feedback good and bad and any insight. Thank you!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be prepared to take a 80k base. This is not bullshit. You won't get more than that. The 401k is good but the rest of the benefits package is less than average. Don't expect to make the bonus $ they try to make you think you're going to get because it's not going to happen. This is a micromanaged and check the box kind of company so be prepared for that.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the feedback.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dead on re the 80k I interviewed for Botox Urology and was quoted 75-80k .
    Also why don't they just say FACIAL AESTHETICS OPENINGS DON'T APPLY UNLESS YOU'RE FEMALE LOL !!!!!! They want women as linkedin profiles show males are scarce at the rep level

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is bonus range per quarter for Facial Aesth ? Urology said 10k/quarter @ 100%
    which is lame. I don't mind the lower base 80k but if you're not paying at least 15k/quarter what the hell incentive do people have 10k is a joke for reps with tenure.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there are guys who do the facial aesthetics job, they just don't put it on LinkedIn. They don't want their old college buddies thinking that they're doing a girls job selling make up or something for transgender folks.
    Over a beer they'll justify it by telling you about all the nurses they hook up with and coworkers they nail at meetings, but unless you're in your twenties that shit gets old and no one thinks your cool.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't mind the lower base?!? Are you whack. Learn from others. Once you accept that lower base, it will seem like climbing an impenetrable mountain for years to get where you once were if you were to try for other opportunities. You worked hard for your base. Bonus is never guaranteed. Will you make quarter bonuses at 10k yes, other quarters nothing, and sometimes more.....but the bonus is nothing near where it used to be

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would definitely be aware of the changes recently made to the APP program. For example, the changes they recently made to the Natrelle gel program/Free Botox/Latisse. Programs like these have been huge drivers of our business across divisions and it seems Actavis is slowly (and sometimes not slowly) pulling back on these. On some level these programs could be seen as costing the company money on Botox/Latisse we could have sold, but I can tell you they also promote a lot of cross divisional teamwork and strategy that has made my area a lot more money than it lost the company. I definitely believe these changes will make it more difficult for the ABM's.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course one would want a higher base but if it is 80k and low commission structure
    why bother. The incentive needs to be on the back end big time unless you have a 100k plus base and CLEARLY that is not the case

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm just being honest. I wouldn't go for the job if your current situation is decent. I've been here two years and feel I was duped a bit in terms of terms of bonus potential. It just isn't that great and I gave up a lot to come here. If your goal is to make and save money, then o would take a pass as there are better paying jobs. As the other poster said, never sacrifice your existing base pay for something less.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. They want you to believe it is Utopia here, but in reality it is the same shit different day. The only guaranteed thing you ever have is your base pay. Bonus is never a guarantee and a company can change the rules whenever they want. I agree that you never want to accept a job with a lower base unless you're desperate and out of a job. Aesthetics is kind of shady these days. People are always wanting a deal and I have to admit that selling is a daily reminder how superficial and plastic people are.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, it seems like they won't negotiate over $80, ever? (Any exceptions?)

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, it seems like they won't negotiate over $80, ever? (Any exceptions?)

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NEVER EVER! Seriously! They think you should be lucky to be hired. It won't matter if you have 20+ years experience and outsold them all. This is what you get here. We are not giving you bullshit. They don't negotiate on pay. They don't negotiate on vacation. Money don't negotiate period. So just be prepared if this is something you are willing to give up because you'll never get it back. The base pay is pathetically low and for those that took the leap and took it, have found it incredibly difficult when interviewing for new opportunities because you no longer have the negotiating power. You will never have the base you use to have.
    They can throw potential bonus at you left and right, but think about it his way...
    If the company was so confident in its people and how they treat their people, then logically they should be more focused on a guaranteed base pay. Bonus is never guaranteed and when you read the small print, they can change the rules whenever they would like. But they get you in low with promises of a phenomenal bonus potential. I've been here three years and still don't make close to what I made in my previous job. I'm embarrassed that I made the jump, but what is done is done. My old colleagues all make between 130-140k in bases and trust me, their bonuses are quite healthy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no negotiating on the base or anything else for that matter. Really think hard before deciding to come work here. Many of us are interviewing now. Not so rosy over here and like the other poster suggested, I feel I put myself back at least 5 years by taking such a low base.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't interview here. Worst job decision I have ever made. I haven't made decent money since I have started here.

19. If it's a job in facial aesthetics (Business Development) stay away especially if you are female. You will never move up or have any opportunity. It is a good old boys club. It may be glamorous thinking you can sell Botox but you will give up your family and every free moment to do so. It is a 70+ hour work week and you are lucky if you hit bonus. You will work like a dog and not be compensated. The management is so poor especially on the east coast I am so thankful I am on the west. The manager's get away with major HR violations and are never held accountable. The reps are afraid to come forward thats how bad it is. Everyone knows it and upper management allows it to continue. If you want to be abused mentally and physically - go work for Allergan. You are better off paying for your own Botox and finding a company that doesn't treat you poorly. They lost a ton of their best reps when the new injectable for under the chin came to market in May. Allergan went and bought them and most of reps still didn't even return. Says something!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now with the Pfizer buyout, it is guaranteed the pay will get lower and lower. Long gone are the days for any decent bonus, especially with Pfizer at the helm. Base is 80k and bonus won't be any higher than 35-40k once Pfizer acquires. That is their standard. This is one division you don't want to be a part of as this division will be the worst affected by the merger.