Is Watson a good company to work for?

Discussion in 'Watson' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey gang, is Watson a good company to work for? How many dinner programs are required per month? Is MGMT realistic? Any insight would be appreciated!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, Pal! Are you totally stupid?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fuck off tool...double dip !!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. None since there is claimed to be no money for this type promotion. No. Management's plan for sales representatives is to let them flail around for 12-18 months and then find an excuse to rid the company of their failure. Managers may last 24 months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any roommates at meetings?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, definitely. You'll get a king sized bed, spoon him all night, and role play the experience at your breakout the next day.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long is the interview process?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10" long - like my schlong !!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be sure to ask about the performance of the territory if you're thinking about a job here. I took a territory that was not performing. That is why the last rep was fired - got caught in the bottom 15% of the sales report - policy here to let people go in the bottom 15%. Now I'm under the gun to get this piece of crap territory off the bottom or I'm gone too. Lot's of turnover. Look at it as a contract position - pay check for now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad you did not check Cafepharma about Watson b/4 you hired on.
    As an oldtimer to you: Sorry and good luck in the future.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is absolutely true. They realign the territories and Managers often and you cannot control what/who you get. I know a couple of great, long term employees let go because of this. Watson used to be a great company, now it is like turn em and burn em. Who cares if firing someone in this economy could ruin someone's career. Brutal, emotionless leadership.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks Hoy

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another Watson technique is to realign a well paid performer out of a good territory and into a poor territory hoping they can turn it around. If the rep turns the poor territory around, it was a good move. If they fail, then the company terminates them after a PIP and lowers the overhead hiring someone new at half the cost. It will always be a "good" move for Watson. But it isn't personal, it's only business. Of course, the rep loses everything and may become homeless, but that is what Watson can do for you. So, is Watson a good company to work for?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking for information on pay scale and bonus structure; would appreciate a professional, educated response. I've seen too many messages on Cafe Pharma which are disrepectful.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a terrible company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were getting hired you would probably know this? There really is no way to answer this sort of question. It depends how much experience you have and what your title is when you get hired. You could be making anywhere from 50 to 90K base salary. All reps have he same commission package. At goal you can make 20k per year, very few people reach goal. Goals are usually capped at 110% so don't anticipate being great and blowing out the year. While I agree with you most of the responses on here are absurd, Watson really isn't the best place to work. The morale here is horrible.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may not like what I post but I am shooting straight with you. I have been here a few years with many years experience in the industry. This company is not respected by ANY of the physicians I call on because we have less than "me too products". We are a generic company who has attempted to enter legitimate brand therapeutics without any success. At best you can expect no greater than a 4-5% market share in any given therapeutic class. Anyone that tells you differently is lying to you. You will be treated like a child from initial training thru your entire career path. The management here is trained to be unsupportive, unreasonable, and if you are lucky you can expect a survival rate of about 2 years. Only 15% of new hires make it longer. I have seen many otherwise successful people get fired because the product line here is so poor. as far as bonus, very few people here make more than 15K a year which is very poor for this industry. I am being very honest about life here, it is not a pleasant place to be. I have been lucky to survive as long as this and have tried for years to get out. Watson is looked at by recruiters, other potential employers, and all intelligent people as a "freak show" and you would be best served to stay as far from here as possible.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very accurate about Watson, this person is very honest.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the pricks from the home office who post here--"just suck it"!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was considering applying here for a sales position. After reading these boards it is very obvious that this is not a good place to work. I have never seen so many negative comments as well as a blatant disrespect for your upline management team. What a horror show Watson must be.