Layoffs in Jan - Confirmed

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by JLT, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. JLT

JLT Guest

The layoffs for RD are in first week of Jan. Most likely 7th or 8th ! The chopping list will be lead by BMS early folks since 1) the management is all Celgen that supports anyone with Merch background 2) Its very expensive to layoff Celgene folks.

Good luck all ! No one is safe - the worst is if you are BMS and a high performer !

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is it more expensive to lay off celgene folks?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severance package that was negotiated as part of the buyout of Celgene. For anyone at the Director level and above a “Golden Parachute” was given. That’s why all of the promotions at Celgene in 2019! There were so many promotions that were not based on merit. BMS got hosed prior to the close of the deal!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

X-cel employees stock options vest on termination

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many of those at director level still there? I thought most had been "paid off" before the closure?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s not true. Vesting is date determined by FTC rules when issuing stock options. Can’t push ahead in time vesting dates sorry.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sure you know this because you are in the inner circle of senior leaders? Well I am and I know for certain there will be no layoffs. In fact BMS is hiring like mad especially in early R&D. The original poster is likely a competitor that is trying to destroy morale because BMS will outcompete their company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would BMS be hiring like mad when they've just acquired a whole second workforce?! Original OP is correct I'm afraid.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at the job postings internally as well as externally. BMS is hiring like mad because they anticipate many of the Celgene folks will leave.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And why would Celgene folks leave if BMS are so up and coming?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct ! You got me - I am here to destroy the morale - since you guys (HR) have been so strong.
    Lets see what has helped the morale:
    1. Acquired a company with the best Discovery and made them lead the organization.
    2. The early folks appointed all legacy BMS folks. high performers from legacy BMS left or were asked to leave because BMS cares for pharma industry
    3. Eliquis generic has not been approved by FDA recently
    4. Opidivo has no competition
    5. The recent approvals are first in class

So yes - the integration has been smooth and BMS pipeline is set to be stellar so I as a competitor want to demoralize the BMS folks.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard that LVL Oncology Discovery was terminated yesterday. Just the beginning.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except it wasn't.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen folks, lots of lies hitting this board regarding layoffs. Completely untrue about layoffs

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The misinformation by Celgene management is amazing ! Ask anyone in discovery and they will tell you that LVL folks are being essentially let go.
    Atleast they should have the decency to keep quite even if they dont have human feelings.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true LVL discovery is gone.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, it’s true. I know. I was in the room.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old news, this happened last year and folks were offered chance to go to RWC or find other positions.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly you are fake or that dimwit Celgene person who sits on one of the LTs (notice initials of the OP) ! I hope you are that Celgene person because it supports that your discovery sucks and has no credibility like your post. Sure that to prove you are better than BMS you will kill all great BMS early development assets !

Good luck folks - more news to trickle in over next 15 days! Cant share exact dates.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do you have any shame ? You just let go people and destroyed their lives ! Your soul is damaged