Legacy Celgene

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 12, 2021 at 5:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop saying selling Enbrel (a biologic) is hard! If you can sell, you can sell. It doesn’t matter the product. Enbrel reps have lost to Otezla year after year since launch. So you Enbrel reps convince yourself that Enbrel is a much “tougher sell” it has deep science behind it. NO! Your PI is longer because you have more indications you idiot! And it’s longer because of all your safety issues and black box warning! The Otezla PI is short because it has 3 indications, no black box warning and minimal side effects!
    Enbrel reps have convinced themselves they’re better than Otezla reps by over-complicating EVERYTHING. You’re MOA shouldn’t take 45 minutes to describe and if it’s sooooo clinical, why the heck does your training department use the most ridiculous ability of hot dogs and tater tots?!
    Having a conference call everyday or doing the time wasting First Fridays with the Emotional Intelligence discussions doesn’t make you a better rep. It wastes your time. It gives you an excuse to sit at home and not actually sell to your doctors. Because Enbrel reps don’t want to actually sell to their doctors because they know Enbrel is crap. It’s outdated and there are too many better options.
    Otezla reps are better at sells than you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TALLEST MIDGET

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

still hurts doesn't it little fella...rejected in 2014....now 7 years later and $5.5million less....and you still aren't good enough...go do some roll play....or better yet, do a Degreed and sent it to your boss....you still aren't going to make anything worthwhile....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hooked on phonics didn't work for me

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These rep fights are so adorable!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wtf is going on? Are two people who know each other fighting?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think that's the case.

a couple of things..amgen is arrogant. Amgen is probably the most arrogant big pharmaceutical company out there. they are not biotech. they are big Pharma.
    otezla reps had an easy product, but they went out there and sold that easy product. amgen prides themselves on talking about selling, spending hours on the phone with teleconferences and micromanaging us so we have no time to sell. look at the hours we all spent rectifying concur and veeva last Christmas? Sunshine Act reporting has to be done every year. Amgen went back almost 3 years and many had 100 or more of those to rectify, spent hours at home for 2 weeks or more and sold nothing.

otezla is an easy drug to sell so they don't really sell. they go out there. they didn't like Amgen's culture so they whined like babies. we don't like Amgen's culture, but we can leave it we hate it that much.

the ic plan at amgen is one of the worst and pay raises are some of the worst. they live in the dark ages when they were a true biotech company. they need to get past 1986 and get into the 21st century.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen seems to be doing all right in spite of your rant.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am an Amgen worker and I can say that I don't like the Celgene whine, but I'll admit to these points:

- we run a sales play book from the early 90s
    -our sales IC is one of the worst in the business
    -we don't buy enough sales data and the sales force doesn't care because the IC plan is so bad
    -we spend too much time away from making calls
    -our equity award is far to small - Celgene reps got up to $75k a year in equity - a decade's worth here

still, I don't like their whiners

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just learned #1 Otezla rep of 2020 just quit
    Ha! Now 9 legacy Otezla reps left

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and what leads you to believe that?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what territory?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many legacy Celgene rheum reps have left , I have heard rheum is very different than derm side. Derm side is more lax and I have heard not a lot has changed for legacy Celgene on derm side.

It’s not about legacy celgene complaining , it’s about us stating facts. We were hired to sell at Celgene and we were paid handsomely to do so. We didn’t interview to work at Amgen , we were bought out and Amgen is very different than Celgene.

the IC plan at Amgen is laughable , even if you do very well the difference in pay being ranked 10 to say 20 isn’t very much. Put it this way , our last Celgene bonus checks were on average between 30-40k , the bonuses here - laughable!

We are clearly not paid to perform here, rather we expected to check boxes here and make ourselves “look good” and when I say look good I’m not referring to numbers, I’m referring to box checking - veeva engages, buddy calls, newsletters, a bunch of nonsense that doesn’t move the numbers! I don’t think legacy Celgene is shitting on Amgen but would rather be with a company that focuses on sales , after all that is our job title. I have a feeling every legacy Celgene rep is looking and when the right opportunity presents itself we all will jump ship.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Celgene reps are entitled whiners, but I agree with a lot of what you say. Amgen's IC plan is laughable and the raises are more laughable. They talk on conference calls about selling but have no time to sell as they are more conf calls and web ex