Lolol these hiring DMs are loser rejects

Discussion in 'Acadia Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Aug 6, 2020 at 12:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok the pay is pretty solid. 401k match is ok not great. Target commish is good.
    But the DMs in these roles are just rejects from smaller companies. Not polished and well trained like you see at the better companies.
    Who would want one of these rejects micro managing you? Lol no thanks!​

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Especially Colleen Ahkao.....what a loser!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re thinking about this all wrong. It’s better to be working for someone dumber than you. You can easily play them into thinking you’re a hard worker while you kick back and do the bare minimum for a decent payday.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like someone is bitter they didn't get moved on.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will do well here!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously! the worst interviewer I’ve ever dealt with...and she manages people at Acadia? Wow

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Noppers on the pay. It’s not solid for neuro specialty especially the 120 but even the 135 is not great and lower than many out there.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see that she has an impressive track record of 30 years of consistent upward promotions throughout LTC and pharma. I dare you to post your resume before you call out others. Any chance will see it? Thought so!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lmao at how woke this guy is that he didn’t get an interview. This sugar tuts literally stays on the Acadia board all day posting the same thing on Acadia pay bahahahahaha lolololol

Most specialty companies only pay $120k base. $135k base is very good,
    Very very few companies will pay more, I’d guess only 1-2% of specialty companies would offer more.

Biogen is known for paying well and 2 years ago $120k was their base range. Now within the past year they’ve gone to $135k so they offer the same as Acadia.

Sorry not sorry that you’re either unemployed or about to be worked out if your job bro and Acadia isn’t interested in you lmaoooo lolololololo

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not the the poster but here’s a few. And I’m one of them. Biogen was paying 135 back in 2010 for new hires. Alexion, Acorda, SK, Genentech, BMS/Celgene, Sage (but now all laid off), Novartis, if I took more time I could name more. Genentech was hiring 150’s a few years ago. Some reps Now are being paid almost 190! Not new hires but high performers. Many reps hired at 165-175. I know several people first hand. It’s all about what you make now. If your swimming in the 120 pool, take it and move to the deep end later. There’s big bucks being paid for true specialty. Not Pfizer Promoted to call on a few Cardiologist specialties. But no counterpart accountable and actually work not play 10-2 gig. Good luck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And after reading your other posts about your Mgr friend at Biogen... they clearly don’t have much specialty experience and Biogen is their first “biotech” gig as a Mgr. Biogen has had 3 CEO’s in the last 10 years and twice as many VP of sales. The pay structure has fluctuated up and down. Soooo many companies have started paying big money that 170-175 is the new upper band. A couple years ago 150 was good but with competitive drugs companies are stealing talent and willing to pay.

These are all neuro companies listed too.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biogen DM here...I was asked to come post in this thread.

We just started offering reps $135k base. If they have ~20 years+ of experience with documented national, consistent success then we can go $140k base but it’s rare.

I’m actually helping to interview for Wave 1 of our new AD med while we await approval.

We just started offering $135k base if you have extensive experience and an impressive resume and we are doing it because we are bringing reps in as Exec & Senior Exec titles but you better have a minimum of 5-7 years experience in Neuro. We weren’t bringing in reps with advanced titles before without some pretty special approval. Our AVP wanted reps to have something to work towards on titles for promotions.

Actually we aren’t even interviewing reps unless they have 5-7+ years of Neuro and it’s really preferred that it’s recent Neuro experience. So you can see our pool of candidates to hire from us small so therefore the company increased our pay hand for this role. Btw we have turned away many very impressive resumes and candidates because they lack Neuro experience.

And yes we were hiring reps in at $120k as recently as a year ago. But Biogen knew it wanted experienced & successful reps for this Neuro position and would have to pay to get them and $135k is very generous. Anyway we had to bump up our current reps in other sakes divisions from $120s to $135ish to keep salary harmony for the new Neuro positions for our anticipated new AD med.

This should clarify Biogen’s salary and expectations. I can’t speak for other companies as most of my career has been with Biogen

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're all mediocre. If you weren't, you wouldn't be reps.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok WTH does your sorry ass do for a job?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Back in the Chucky Z days Biogen was offering 115K or 135K during an expansion. If you got 135K you were automatically an AMB III. It caused a huge riff because these reps were being paid more than current reps that were training them. So I totally believe your pay scale to be accurate today, but in Biogen's real biotech days and not the big pharma it has turned into, it used to pay more as well. Many of these reps are now being paid 160+ at competitor companies. I know for a fact a former Biogen Mgr is now being paid around 200k base to work at Novartis. Novartis pulled out the big bucks and stock to hire people they wanted. Turchi brought in his big guns.

And for the comment about being mediocre as a rep. It's the best paying job for the hours in the industry. Many chose to be reps for good reason. You that are putting people down are just rude. 120k is a good salary to break into certain specialty. the only reason I commented is the jackass that said "NO company offers over 135k". I guarantee if you go read some company threads that I named, you see half as much BS. The companies that pay have way less bitching on CP. Go check out companies like Harmony, Biohaven etc. that expanded last year. They pay approx the same as what Acadia is offering and it is a completely different class of reps.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Umm sorry not sorry you got bitch slapped by a Biogen manager with accurate info.
    Also NOBODY said no company pays more than $135k. GTFO here with twisting the story cause you lost your stupid ass internet argument because you didn’t get the job here chief.

Just like I said...It’s 100% fact that very few companies pay more than $135k. It’s also a fact that most specialty companies pay in the $120k range.

I win again

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#Delusional

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I know it’s fact that Biogen base range went as high as 156k for their recent offers. I don’t even consider Biogen a good company. Big pharma specialty is 120 range. Merck type job with counterparts calling on Cardios is prime example. If 120 is the pond you’re fishing in do the deal. It can lead to real money if you drive results. Good luck

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep..so again...for the 100th time...Abd glad you finally admit it.

Most specialty companies pay in the $120k range. So A Aida going up to $135k is considered dang good money.

Secondly you’ve already been slapped by a Biogen DM ITT. You should probably stop trying to argue Biogen salary. I tried to tell ya lolololol.

Still sorry not sorry that you didn’t get an offer here. We can see that it still stings lmao