More People Being Fired

Discussion in 'Esperion' started by anonymous, Feb 21, 2021 at 4:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the wave of terminations continues. This is the fourth wave, or is it more? Director of Compliance, COO, VP Sales quits, Director of Managed Markets, 17 reps and 3 managers in November, more in January, and now more gone in February, including 3 more RBM's. I believe this is a not-so-subtle way of not triggering the WARN Act, by taking people out in waves, and less than the 10% trigger. The culture sucks. Many of those that remain, are looking to leave. By the end of March, when everyone should have gotten their first RSU payout, and 401k match, how many more do you think will quit? Why is this company terminating people so quickly? Commercial is not even one year in existence. Territories being compressed. Regions/Districts are being compressed. Every RBM should be fearful of losing their job, unless they are top 10 ranking. Every rep below 200 ranking has already been threatened or written up for something. I thought this was "Just business" since it is a start up company, and just company survival. But now that managers are
    being asked to put people onto PIP's, and streamline a Region, I realize that it is more than that. There is just zero connection in doing whats right for an individual. People mean nothing here. This is a very sad state. Sorry Esperion, you can't survive and thrive like this. Please get it together and start to do better by your people. I would like to stay, but you make it very difficult to want to.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting post, I’m not aware of all these firings. I do know some people were let go who were not cutting it, but that’s standard operating procedure for a high performance oriented company like Esperion. I’ve done quite well but I know others who haven’t, I think it’s a matter of drive, ambition and skills. Some people were hired who are ok “reps” but not really salespeople. Overall we are in a pretty good spot going forward with outcomes soon to be realized and all the international collaborations developing. I’m happy to be a part of the crusade to save lives and looking forward to the fun in 21.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok mr cheerleader. Readout at least 2 years away. Why are budgets not approved ? When will cash run out?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here we go again with this dipshit posting. A crusade you say? How about a death March. This place blows. It's been a complete disaster at Esperion.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow.
    Read the posts above.
    Why all the consternation if nothing is happening and the launch is going to plan.
    Cheerleader above.
    Do your homework on this one.
    And there is a smell about it .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ask the newly fired msl’s what happened. So much for science. They were taken out like everyone else.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7 of 17 MSL gone. There is limited science. Been getting paid for a couple years. I am glad to have been paid but had precious little to do.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But your leader ah is soooo busy couldn’t she have you help. Please note sarcasm.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What science! This has been nothing more than a generic statin like molecule. Outcomes too far away, burning cash like a bonfire. Did the Scientific Hires really think they would be paid six figures for 3 years and bring in virtually no scripts? The was a dud from the start. Esperion served its purpose by allowing recently laid off reps and MSL's to have a soft landing at Esperion and barely work for the the last year. Management has no clue. Every week it is something different . All the soft layoffs to keep from notifying Warn Act have been done to limit cash burn rate. In all the posts on cafepharma there hasn't been a success story, no clinical discussion on BA. What does that tell you. We should know after the first three months this was a disaster but with Covid it allowed reps to hunker down and play games on their computers and listen to CB's cheerleader calls. This isn't going to end well for all of us.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right, what area do work? A geography with multiple speakers, NY state where all new drugs get on formulary, the one down south where the rep & the highest prescriber have the same last name, one where prescribers prescribe out of indication, or ones where the ink dried on the Medicare formularies or commercial patients really get 90 days for $10 like we were told?
    C'mon, don't throw good people under the bus to make yourself feel better...or are you one of the new flunkies who got a big mouthful of the Kool-Aid for a fraction of what the rest of us got out of the box?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster number 2 obviously does not work for Esperion. They would need to have their head and their ass in the sand in order to not know whats going on here

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right, what area do work? A geography with multiple speakers, NY state where all new drugs get on formulary, the one down south where the rep & the highest prescriber have the same last name, one where prescribers prescribe out of indication, or ones where the ink dried on the Medicare formularies or commercial patients really get 90 days for $10 like we were told?
    C'mon, don't throw good people under the bus to make yourself feel better...or are you one of the new flunkies who got a big mouthful of the Kool-Aid for a fraction of what the rest of us got out of the box?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100 million dollar loss for the quarter but Sheldon will save the day with 7 msl’s. I feel so much better now lol

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was an ugly performance today. Tim was awful. Look at the numbers. 104 million loss in 4th quarter. Only a fool would invest in Esperion.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100 mil is a drop in the bucket. Apple and Amazon lost money for many years without the science and technology here. I know many/most of you see the bigger picture; but there is one dolt who continues to try to stir the pot just because he wasn’t hired and can only watch this amazing journey from afar. The future remains bright and our exceptional efforts and laser focus on results are the envy of the industry; saving lives is a noble profession.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok cheerleader explain the pitiful numbers, lack of sales, layoffs,firings, Msl's gutted,no strategy to right the ship. Also no clinical discussion. Your king of the dolts. You continue to embarrass yourself especially after this dreadful qtr report. How much longer?. How will the stock perform tomorrow?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

tell us 1 positive from the call. Add that to mostly flat weekly rx I see a real disaster. What do you see?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Opening bell = unload the dogshi#.

Those who already left made a wise decision.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plus you can't make a comparison with Apple and Amazon to Esperion. That is like comparing T-ball to the Yankees. God I hate working at Esperion.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course the daily press release from Esperion couldn't be missed. What earnings call was this person listening too.