Oncology openings

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Mar 29, 2021 at 12:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are there so many openings???

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s only two openings you need to be concerned about, wait...no....three!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the division is a disaster and the folks steering the ship have shown no ability to right the course. If you look closely at the leadership team there are many people in positions of power that have no clue what it takes to work in and succeed in oncology. The launches have been terrible and the REMs process for blenrep is still an issue as many accounts have yet to be registered. Leadership will tell you that REMs is a non issue but go ask some accounts what they think about it. It is not a great place to be and even more people will and are leaving. Also the culture is toxic and getting desperate to justify positions.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn’t even know GSK was still in Oncology? Didn’t they swap all their oncology stuff to Novartis for all their vaccine stuff??

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

exactly. They did a few years ago. GSK Oncology is back for about three years or so now. GSK is a massive company and still not many people know they have oncology products. What a joke.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like June will see lots of ppl leaving...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why June?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a strong rumor that something will happen in June due to the fact that on that date the company make a presentation to investors of the Biopharma that will prevail when the spinoff occur...Future Ready. What we do not know how much effect will be on the divisions.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you talking about the consumer spin off?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oncology is a joke. The most toxic culture I have ever been part of. I literally hate going to work everyday. If you are looking at these positions....stop doing so and run.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one is forcing you to stay. Do yourself and everyone around you a favor and quit.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

good advice. Funny part of that is everyone is trying to leave. Feel free to stay and enjoy the long term stress and b.s. are you a life coach by any chance? Could use some stellar insights from someone like you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“ trying to leave”, I don’t understand this comment, who is stopping them? Are they under a contract?

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Yoda. I am one of those "trying" to leave. However, I need to have another job before I leave. I'm sure you can understand that. I never worked for a big pharma company until the GSK buyout. Now I understand why so many of you are so angry and frustrated.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get frustrated occasionally too, but then I realize that 80% of the U.S. population would trade places with me in the blink of an eye.
    I am humbled and grateful to have a job that pays me so well. I’ve worked in Big Pharma, Small biotech, and big Bio and none of them are perfect.

10% of life is your circumstances and 90% is your attitude.

Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, ...Colossians 3:23

Learn from your past, live well in the present, and put your future in the hands of God.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And there it is...the born agains saying don’t mind being treated like crap since there are other people being treated even worse! Great logic...yeah never look at those in better situations and say, “this is bad here and I’m going to improve my situation by leaving”. Only look in the direction of those worse off...

Your “thinking” is exactly the kind of blind sheep big Pharma loves...don’t think, don’t challenge, do as your told, you have it better than most, don’t offer complaints or criticisms....it’s all BS. You don’t have it better than most in your own industry, in fact you are at the bottom of the barrel in your own industry at GSK. Comparing your situation to the poorest of the poor is inaccurate. Compare yourself to those in your own industry and see where you net out. If you think you have it better than most in bio/Pharm than you are a complete loser who has settled for something well below mediocrity.

I’m all for appreciation, but being appreciative because you don’t have it as bad as someone else is like telling someone who is hungry to be appreciative to eat a crap sandwich since it’s better than nothing.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been with GSK for 29 years. Crap sandwiches were all I ate for the last 12 years. Gonna raise my hand high and take a package! Steak and Lobster moving forward!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that. If you had any brains or talent you would have left and made real money in the start up oncology game and wouldn’t need to rely on a package.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your words are very harsh considering you don’t know me. You make a lot of assumptions.

I have learned to live content regardless of my circumstances because despite your sentiments, more money and more stuff won’t make you happy.

My goal in life and work is to help those around me. We simply have different perspectives.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet you work in one of the most despised and unscrupulous business? Oh, let me guess, you buy into you, as a drug rep, are ‘helping patients’? If you want to truly ‘help’ people quit your job and start a non-profit or go work for a non-profit.

You are here to drive demand. That’s it, and if you are going to be in the profit driven, capitalistic side of our economy stop lying to yourself that you aren’t in this for the money...