Oncology

Discussion in 'Eisai' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2019 at 12:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why take a job here? Don’t need immature answers. Just looking for genuine truth!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alex did the dude.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came from a larger company and the people here are good to work with. The money is about the same as everywhere else. Products aren't blockbuster type but, Eisai is also not hated by physicians like a lot of companies in the industry. The only negative I see is, it is ran a little bit like a primary care sales job. We have target physicians that they want you to see X amount of times per month, which is almost 100% unrealistic. The upside depends on what happened with Merck.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who did Vic?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better question is who did sp

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eisai can be a good opportunity. You'll find many there who are first timers to Oncology.....or lots of later career people who have only a few years before retirement. The culture among the reps is generally quite good. The managers are generally a good lot but there are a few bad apples. Feel free to hint at what region of the country you're in and that may give you some more specific answers.
    Some of the best managers I've ever known in pharma sales I knew during my period of time at Eisai .....both my own manager and others in the company. Sadly, I can also tell you that the worst manager I ever had.....or ever heard of....I had at Eisai. They had a few bad regional business managers too......NS and MC come to mind.
    Good luck!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

southwest region, good or bad?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SE is pretty good but MC runs it like primary care and customer hate that. Unless Merck has something good with Lenvima this may not be a good time to be here.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not as connected to the SW region but I believe it's ok. I would search sources like linkedin and search "Eisai" and "Los Angeles" or "Phoenix", and then find reps who are still there to ask them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really depends on what you are looking for and what you are accustomed to. If you are trying to break into oncology and you don't care about culture and feel any big pharma and yes Eisai is big pharma will do. If you've only worked in big pharma Eisai will feel very similar. If you have worked in small/mid size oncology biotech, Eisai will be your worst nightmare. It is a metric driven, mass market company. If you are used to that you will be fine...if you are not, you will hate it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good thread to read looking into Eisai oncology. It’s a shame the big pharma companies don’t recognize the enhanced commitment smaller companies get with performance driven rewards. The metric style, check the box, magic goaling is so out of date. Left big pharma over 10 years ago and achieved highest levels of success. Layoffs and company buyouts forced me back into big pharma. It’s unbelievable how it feels like 1996....and nothing has changed. Amazing considering the level and tenure of reps left. I guess the trade off is robotic numbness for the idea of feeling more secure....which obviously isn’t true either. Matter of fact, think I read this exact posting 15 years ago. LOL!!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am interested in applying at Eisai as well. I noticed the recent collaboration with Merck for the Lenvima/Pembro combo. Does that mean you are responsible for Pembro as well?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Read the press release on the partnership again.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eisai is in oncology?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure where you are located but, the oncology division is a pretty good bunch of people. The only issue is they try to run it like a primary care job- make 3 class per day and a manager with you all the time. We don't have time to do our jobs, we are too busy getting ready for someone to ride with us.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that u vic?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eisai. Funny.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alex did the dude.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alex did the dude.