Oncopetides

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 17, 2021 at 6:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They gave you examples and proved you wrong. I'll add that sure it may not be rocket science but oncology is one of the most challenging and complex therapeutic areas to work in and it can take years to become fluent in all of its languages. There is a reason why good companies hire those with experience and pay them a massive premium versus, most if not all, other therapeutic areas. $200K+ has become a fairly normal base salary for a tenured onc rep for good reason.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The things you quote here are done by pretty much every rep in every disease state. You think getting any drug that costs 80k or more a year doesn't have payer issues? You think oncology is the only disease state that is clinical?

Get off your high horse. You know what the original poster was saying. I've been in the oncology space for 6 years now its pretty much all the same. I sold a biologic and then an orphan drug prior to oncology. We are paid way more than we deserve. Oncology has poor access but so does plenty of other specialities. The BS success stories and one upping is way worse in the last 6 years than when I started at GSK in primary care 22 years ago!

As far as a proven oncology manager- ha they are all full of shit too. I came from Genentech some of the worst managers I've ever worked with. I like it here and those that don't should leave. Plenty of jobs if you have any type of relationship with your Dr.'s as they will refer you. That was how I got here.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah...you really didn’t answer anything with your diatribe rebuttal. Your customers must love your incoherent ramblings.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must have terrible relationships if this is where you got referred to...that or they don’t like you very much. This place and drug is a joke.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the record you worked at Roche...Genentech died after Roche took us out...yes I was there for the launch of Avastin. You were a PC or “rare disease” hack who backfilled the backfills as we all left within a year of our payout and no tenured oncology reps wanted to go to Roche. So save the ‘you know something about oncology’ nonsense since you just proved to me that you are very green and you don’t know what you don’t know.

Of course your manager at Roche sucked...like I said before...everyone good left after the buyout which is over 13 years ago! All that was left by the time you got there were the people so despised that no one took them to the many oncology buyouts that were led and built by ex-DNA people or a bunch of big Pharma primary care losers that Roche brought in.

It really is no wonder you like this place...the bar was set very low based on the two companies you listed in GSK and Roche.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha yeah "all the good people left" and everyone that was left at Genentech for the last 13 years sucks. They have no relationships and add no value anywhere in oncology.

Check yourself brah you sound like the idiot.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty accurate actually. Clearly you don’t no anything about anything.

“Check yourself brah”? You sound like the idiot...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“no anything”, are you serious? To be so brilliant, you don’t demonstrate it in your post. Idiot! Yeah I worked at Genentech and launched Avastin for its first indication. Left 5 years after the buyout and there were plenty of good people still there.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not really. Name a few for us...

My apologies for the typo. Doesn’t change the facts. DNA went downhill fast after the buyout and most of the good people left. Those are the facts. So you think DNA was the same after the buyout as it was before? You really believe that someone who joined Genentech after the buyout was joining the same company pre buyout? You honestly did not witness the flood of talented people leaving?

I highly doubt the validity of you launching Avastin and working here. I think I would remember those from initial sales training...and I don’t remember you.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree with you...my guess is this poster thinks Dave Santos was ‘good’...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am now realizing that this is true.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly...who cares about who was where when...we are here now and this place is a disaster. Feels like like primary care in the 90’s.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly...who cares about who was where when...we are here now and this place is a disaster. Feels like like primary care in the 90’s.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha, Just goes to show, you don’t know everything. Hired in 10/‘03. Did not attend the initial training class because it conflicted with a product team meeting that they wanted me to attend in Laguna Niguel.
    Attended the Broadmoor meeting in early ‘04. Launched initial mCRC 1L indication in ‘04, good ole Herb Hurwitz and 2107. Later on E3200 got the 2L approval with a dose of 10mg/kg in combo with Folfox 4.

Others indications I launched included NSCLC (E4599), MBC (E2100), GBM, and Renal cell. — all prior to the buyout. Apology accepted.

And I did not say it was the same company after the buyout. I said there were still many good people there. Lots of people left for sure, and some of them needed to go long before they did.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s a nice story...take long to google that? Again name some of these “many good people” that were there one to two years after the buyout.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who cares either way...Genentech reps are the worst in the business. They had the best or only in class drug with little to no competition. None of them need to be sold. Avastin Herceptin and Rituxan???? Give me a break. They sold themselves. Thanks your R&D and BD team fir handing you those gems.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, can’t help you. I don’t post peoples’ names on boards like this, especially people I respect and in many cases count as friends.

I seriously doubt the the Broadmoor pre-launch Avastin meeting is something you can find on google. The lake was frozen because it was in January. The wife and I went out a few days early for our anniversary. But hey you do you.

I remember the IFL regimen in AVF2107 created some stir because people were abandoning it in favor of Folfox or Folfiri and Erbitux launched very close to the same time so a lot of people got confused. We were 1line and they were not, but both were new MOABs approved for mCRC. Good times.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And WTF have you actually "sold". Sorry Oncology reps are the most overpaid for doing the least. And I've been benefiting for years but a fact is a fact.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thought so...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am quickly realizing that the leadership here sucks, drug sucks and the stock options suck. Sounds a lot like Karyopharm?