Pander to leftists...

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 14, 2021 at 12:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GREAT COMMENT.. YES

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

apparently it does when it is racism against white.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fucking sad sacks ranting about how hArD it iS tO Be WhiTe. Give me a fucking break. Learn as much about racism as you do about KRAS “grooves” and you might actually become a better person.

Actual Amgen leftist here and I support HR3. You’re a fucking idiot if you don’t. Wait until some relative gets on imbruvica or one of these other maintenance drugs where they can pay $30,000 a year or they can die. For a fucking small molecule it probably costs pennies to manufacture? Drug pricing is a repulsive money grab. There is no reason for Americans to pay 10-25x higher than anyone else other than sick profiteering.

and take your “b b b muh R&D” and shove it. Amgen spends so much more of that $$ on buybacks and dividends it’s comical. Make good drugs sell them at a profit, the stock price goes up. Or just spend billlllllions on buybacks, whichever I guess.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if we don't make billons, who is going to fund the "hire a million Africans" by next summer campaign, or pay for 47 special action clubs at Amgen, or spend all the money recruiting HBCUs? Someone has to pay for the charity you know?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just getting ahead of the curve by finally recruiting the best students. Upcoming demographic shift plays a factor too.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone noticed how lori lightfoot looks like beetlejuice

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My question to you would be how do you continue to work here if you feel this way. Kind of a sell out if you ask me. Typical libtard

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually you're the fucking idiot. If the whole world was like Europe, imbruvica may not exist, but even if it did, the government will determine which drugs you get to take. Yeah you won't have to pay for it because the government will have you on some cheaper crap drug instead. You have no sense of pharmaceutical company economics because Amgen is all you know. Amgen's margins are not sustainable. Amgen doesn't invest enough into R&D. It pays it's people too little and doesn't spend enough on sales and marketing. This is why Amgen is a joke. Look at the margins of pretty much every other large pharmaceutical company...much lower. And not plowing tons into share buybacks. So maybe you should think bigger than just Amgen. The entire industry would suffer from HR3, as would patients, and we would all end up with worse quality medicine and access because people today are too dumb or too stupid to buy health insurance. Most people that don't have health insurance don't have it because they can't afford it. Certainly those people exist. But the majority of people who don't have it just decide to spend their money on other things they don't NEED. There's a correlation between being poor and being stupid and making bad financial decisions. So you want to sacrifice quality for everyone to make up for some people's bad decisions? No thanks. PASS.

You sound like an ignorant clown who doesn't understand the industry you work in. Get better insurance grandma. I'm ibrutinib should not be costing any patient $30k per year out of pocket if you have decent insurance. You're an idiot.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know who is dumber, you or Katie Porter.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the American PBM rebate system is single handedly the reason drugs cost more in America...example 1:

drug A costs $500 - Company A offers PBM a $250 (50%) rebate on this hoping to gain formulary placement and lower OOP costs to patient

drug B costs $1,000 - Company B offers PBM a $500 (still 50%) rebate for the same reasons....

more expensive drug is covered because the PBM makes MORE money from the drug manufacturer because the rebate is higher per fill.... it is a direct payment to the PBM based on the number of patients taking that drug...

drug A ($500) x 50% = $250 x 10,000 patients = $2.5 million
    Drug B ($1,000) x 50% = $500 x 10,000 patients = $5 million.... see how that works?

‘each drug company then does an annual price increase (because all the competitors are doing it so they can bump out the covered drug) and thus you have created a system that causes the more expensive drug to be covered and made it more lucrative for the PBM’s to cover more expensive drugs and for the manufacturers to price them higher...

this is the ONLY FORM OF DIRECT PAYMENT IN HEALTHCARE THAT DOES NOT FALL UNDER THE ANTI-KICKBACK STATUTE AND IS THUS WHY WE HAVE RISING DRUG PRICES YOU IMBECILE....

instead what happens is the PBM Passes the majority of the remaining cost down to the patient and then the manufacturer can either foot the rest of the Bill to get the patient to take it (and make nearly nothing) or the patient has to fork over the money or not get treatment... these rebates are contractual and considered proprietary and thus are not allowed to be disclosed publicly... get mad at your PBM’s and your politicians for creating this issue... alex azar was trying to get the rebate system to fall under the anti-kickback statute under proposed rule changes and that got squashed in a hot minute because this is the PBM’s business model...

how else do you think CVS Caremark bought Aetna? A PBM literally bought a medical insurance company because they make more money than them through this system... ignorant POS

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen to yourself: "the system sucks and it will always suck so don't ever change anything." Stop the buybacks. Limit executive compensation. Actually make Amgen pay taxes. We dodge billions a year moving money around acting like all the work is being done out of Qatar or some shit. It's a joke played on this whole country. Instead of being mad about it, like a sensible human being, you get all cranky about how folks buy insurance wrong? The fuck is wrong with you? Tax that tax money and plow it back into R&D via grants. Moderna and Pfizer had no problems taking billions of dollars to make the drug products of the year in a matter of months. A whole new model was just demonstrated and you're like, "NOPE, AMGEN NEEDS TO CHARGE MORE FOR ENBREL FUCK OLD PEOPLE I GUESS."

You're bringing this country down. I hope you don't work here any more, you're a colossal disappointment.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How on earth is Amgen ‘leftist’ when they have a bunch of white people telling us how to vote?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Donald Trump promised to lower drug costs by Importing drugs from other countries etc etc.
    You Republicans overwhelmingly voted for him twice. So it is you all who keep voting against your own interests while accusing others of doing so.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are seriously stupid. Yes Amgen sucks we all know. That doesn't mean the pharma model should change. Go back to buying hcps lunch

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your God Trump is the one who wanted to change the pharma model. That was one of his campaign promises. You voted for him. So....

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to Trump 2020

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14 AAs were shot over the weekend by AAs. 5 of them died. I wish there were some outrage but instead the jokesters focus on some old lady "hitting" an overfed hippo with her car after it was approached and hit.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop backhanding reps with knowledge.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a rep you jack@$$

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Irrelevant to the statement dumb fuck