Person of Color at Allergan

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Jun 17, 2020 at 2:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never in all my years, have a felt a giant disconnect with racial injustice as I do now. AbbVie continues to send message after message to everyone about it and I applaud their commitment to the cause. Yet upper management at Allergan is obsessed with numbers and numbers and more numbers. We don’t get messages on it from Allergan executives at all until they are forced to and when it’s too late. Cause your true nature has shown through.
    Every upper management position is white. Manager are almost all white, regional directors are white, marketing is white and training is white. How is it with such an ethically diverse country that the division I belong to, is less then 10% people of color?
    You want racial injustice just look at management at Allergan and tell me if you don’t see it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Allergan is a shitty company, Brent is a fraud. No new news here.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe... just MAYBE... the reason blacks dont hold high level positions can be attributed to something other than racism ;) protip- its the same everywhere in the world. But i bet thats just because everywhere is so mean and racist huh.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn’t discrimination against the law?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, Bob, Brent, and Steve in panel interviews hire a “fit” who’s the “most qualified”. Judge on the content blah blah blah. It’s BULLSHIT Tom and you know it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Allergan (legacy prior to Actavis) was 99% white. For the record, Allergan Botox Tx ran out most every person of color. Julian was the only one in management that wasn’t as white as sclera in the eye. Ask JK how much diversity and inclusion impacts hiring field positions? Mikey T RD in East is very racist. How many Black field people has he pushed out? At least 3 including a manager. I hope Abbvie displaces every manager and regional director (with more than 10 years tenure) in that division. Too much dead racist weight.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s stop mistake racism for “discrimination” against those who are incompetent or unskilled; People need to be held accountable Regardless of race religion creed sexual orientation or color.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are there so few white basketball players in the NBA?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because white American men can’t jump... thank God for the Eastern Europeans

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey there Social Justice Warrior. You might want to ask a deeper question. Since you need a four year degree just to get an interview, what percentage of Black working age people have a degree. The fact is only 59% of Black males graduated from high school as of 2019. Only 31% of all working adults in the USA have a college degree. Of that number, 11% of four year degrees were conferred on Black students. 69% went to white students. So in a country where the majority of people, regardless of race don’t have a college degree, Black adults with four year degrees make up a minuscule percentage of the work force. Companies like ours bend over backwards to fill positions with people of color. Even bypassing white and Asian candidates with better qualifications to try and do the right thing. I hired ten people last year. Worked my ass off to bring in diverse candidates because I think it’s healthy for the organization and society as a whole. I interviewed about 100 people. Had maybe 8 people of color apply who met the qualifications for the role.

You want to blame someone, blame the education system in our cities that bow and scrape to the teachers unions who turn out poorly prepared students and graduate about half the kids that come from Black and brown homes. They don’t care about the kids. They are interested in tenure, mammoth raises and pension for life after retiring at 55.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't know shit about who and why people get hired and what type of degrees people have. The company bends over backwards to keep privilege people like you with a cushy paying job. You don't do shit but give orders and micro-manage jobs because you think you are in control...and yeah before you start blowing steam out funky arrogant ass you can kiss my ass you privilege loser!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dr Benjamin Watson, who discovered the DNA double helix, had some revealing things to say on this topic

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Without question there is a superior race, ethnicity, and gender when it comes to ___________.

The only questions are how one defines superior and what word(s) he/she fills in the blank with.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank God for the children of immigrants, a lot of them are successful but have to fight against the American Black stigma that is placed on them. If you look closely Blacks from immigrant countries eg west Africa excel even higher and are more educated in comparison to all immigrant groups.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow wow wow. I am a white person and oh how racist this comment is...... this whole thread for that matter. Allergan is so white, it’s ridiculous. How are all these different ethnic communities supposed to “rise up” when they don’t even get hired in the first place? What a crock. Bunch of racists. Disgusting

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The truth is not always nice. The weakest refuse to accept the truth. The weakest prefer to live in a dreamland and/or blame others. Humans are not all born equal. People are born with genetic advantages and disadvantages.

Why don't you see female boxers fighting male boxers at the professional level? Why are there so few white basketball players in the NBA? Why are the fastest runners in the world predominantly people of color?

One of the best speeches I have ever heard came from a person of color at an Allergan Leadership meeting in Hawaii.

At the end of the day businesses should be focused on hiring the most qualified person for the job.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's very simple-do I hire the most qualified person? Or do i hire someone based on color? I choose qualifications.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had to deal with a gentleman who keeps his lawn cut at fairway height. His entire yard is manicured to perfection. He purposely keeps and takes care of a single dandelion like it is a prized plant. He said that people immediately notice the dandelion over every other aspect of his yard. This gentleman didn't say it, but I am positive that he was most proud of the dandelion over every other aspect of his yard.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason why all non-blacks hold high position because you are just so damn intelligent, creative and the best there is. You are full of shit!