Pfizer Overtime Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I signed up for the lawsuit. I also got a reply last week. They stated that I owe the law-firm $1000 for time they spent collecting the 25 cents that they got for me.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

25 cents??? Please explain as this is less than the cost of a stamp and well as providing more information regarding the request for $1000 from the law firm!!! I have ignored all of the law firm's mailings to participate in the suit, however I am curious as to how others with similar Pfizer experiences have responded. Me: hired in '89, over 17 yrs in field sales including nearly every acronym possible for a field/hospital rep with multiple awards. I was "deselected" in the first major lay-off.

I have no intention of returning to pharma sales, but am wondering if "opting in" to the law suit could potentially be a "red flag" to future employment opportunites? I would not spend one cent to "opt in" to the law suit. However, my work week routinely exceeded 40 hr/wk as one to two dinner programs per week were routine and all "paperwork" was completed outside of "8-5". BTW, I was actually worked nearly every day from 9-5! On the East Coast, it is rare to find an office open before 9, although as a "DHR", etc. I did many breakfasts at 7 or 8 am.

I am very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts in regards to the class action overtime lawsuit!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You dumb freaking idiots! This is just a ploy BY lawyers FOR lawyers to make money. None of you idiots ever worked overtime and you know it. You never punched a time clock. You knew from the beginning what the job entailed. STFU!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm so glad that you know everything we were told. If you went to a national meeting and had a dinner that evening with company personel there, that's overtime. If you got up at 5:00 a.m. and drove to conduct a hospital display, that's overtime. If you worked eight hours in your territory and then had to conduct a speaker program that night, that's overtime. DON'T GIVE ME ANYMORE OF YOUR VIEWS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS LAWSUIT. WHENEVER WE START TO GET THE BONUS WE HAVE EARNED, AND WHEN WE RECEIVE THIS BONUS ON TIME, AND WHENEVER SOMEONE IN THIS COMPANY SHOWS SOME TYPE OF APPRECIATION FOR WHAT WE DO EACH DAY THEN I WILL SHUT UP.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could care less who makes money on this, the bottom line is that is COSTS Pfuckin Pfizer $$$$$$$$$.
    That my moronic, idiotic friend is absolutely PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!
    BTW - STFU !!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a bunch of BS and you know it. Nobody has gotten a reply because the case has not gone to trial. I bet you the lawyers for Pfizer make sure their pockets get padded when THEY work Overtime. As well as anyone else in their right mind. I worked overtime and spent many hours in the evening doing administration work, weekends doing displays and other things that were orders given by my boss. It is a company's responsibility to pay it's employees for overtime. Pfizer is no exception.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOLY SHIT!!! You are so stupid it's making my brain hurt. You were required to do NONE of that stuff. Speaker program: not mandatory. hospital displays: not mandatory. dinner at a meeting: well that one is just retarded.

You think because your fucking DM told you to do something that means it's a requirement that you are now obligated to fulfill? Ha. You just can't be this stupid. Do you have an email from HR or telling you that you are now required to do speaker programs and/or hospital displays out side of your normal work hours? Nope. You don't....you did that shit on your own accord "for the good of the business". Stop complaining that someone owes you overtime.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You couldn't be more full of shit if you tried....you're participating in the lawsuit because you think it's a way you might be able to get some money. Period.

No one at Pfizer who has the authority to do so made you work extra hours. You did it because you weren't capable of getting your job done effectively during normal business hours (despite what you say).[/QUOTE]

You're the one thats full of shit. Tell me how you go about doing a dinner program in the middle of the day. I suppose you could do that because you're so effective. And as for anyone with authority, when you're told and evaluated on the number of programs that you do after work, that's all the authority I need. And as for doing my job effectively, how would u know? You don't and please don't lecture me on how effective I am. You are exectly the reason why this profession is in the state it is today.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no talking with you. You're so lost it's comical (and sad).

Good luck with the lawsuit. I'm sure proving you worked more than 40 hrs/week and that Pfizer told you you had to will be no problem....by the way, your DM and RM don't make ANY rules at Pfizer. If you were only smart enough to realize this you may have saved yourself a lot of headache.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, what is priceless is having your mom come over every night. Now she has some great ways to make me STFU!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're telling me that a DM and RM don't require certain things of you? Where have you been? That's the most assinine statement I've read on here in awhile. Don't worry about me having a headache, I won't. That's why lawyers will settle this case and cause Pfizer headaches. Ask the other companies who have lost this lawsuit and let me know what they have to say. They've got to pay up just like Sanofi had to to with their female employees and the nice check they received.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's that exact arrogant attitude and ass backwards legal interpretations by management that makes juries give lots of money to ex-employees.

I'm not joined in the lawsuit, but I do have skin in the game as an employee here, so keep your fucking mouth shut. I want to keep my paycheck coming and your idiocy/testimony may just put a massive dent in it when Pfizer gets dinged for the overtime, and it will.

While you're keeping your mouth shut, try reading up on agency and employment law. Look up vicarious liability, you arrogant fool.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for checking in HR or DM or RM or brown nosing rep! Your response wont save you or your position. Go focus on your "bridging" You think we are all stupid. You go and try to tell your DM or RM that " I won't do it unless it is written down that I need to do it"

Just make up your minds --salaried employees or hourly drones-- but you cannot have it both ways-- hence the lawsuit!

Now go F off and answer to the class action law suit!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really are simply too stupid to grasp this, but lets try one more time....

I'm telling you that if your argument is "my DM told me to", you will lose. Your DM, or RM, or SD or whoever does not make the rules. Period....Is this getting through to that little part of your small brain that's still capable of learning?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't deserve your job. Someone who thinks extra work is called "effort" and not "overtime" deserves your job.....every high paying job in this country requires people to put in some extra effort from time to time. Taking clients to dinner, coming in early, staying late, whatever. These people don't get overtime. They do it because it's what's required.....faggot pharma reps sue over it. What a bunch of pussies.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OOOOOOh, listen to you you sanctimonious asshole. What you are describing are the incompetent, ass-kissing phoney, assholes who believe they really make a difference coming in early...staying late..kissing client's asses at dinner...please can all that phoney crap. It's all part of the game and that is why American companies..and America are going down the drain......... because of phoney assholes like you who are all "show" and no "go", where the perception of work becomes the reality. You and all the players like you talk a great game, but rarely deliver.(does the name Obama ring a bell; how about GM, Lehman Bros.? Citi Bank, B of A) I'll bet they all came in early..read the paper, drank their coffee, then stayed late for drinks and dinner "with clients" on the company dole. What the fuck did they do the rest of the day?

Ever hear of efficiency, honesty, integrity? Nah, I doubt it. Think before you open your mouth and show your ignorance and stupidity.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just want money.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just want the future reps of Pfizer reps and all pharma reps to be, decent.
    My experience with this company was absolute "Hell".

I could give a crap about the money, I just want justice. Pfizer will most likely settle because of Norvartis losing a similar suit.

Not all companies are like Pfizer. Take a Pfizer meeting for example. You are up at 5 am, and asked to be a meeting at 7"30am, get out at 6pm and have to come back for a mandatory dinner by 6:30. If you don't comply, you are given a verbal warning and written up for not being a team player which can effect any future raise.

When I was in the field at Pfizer, I came home to log in all my sample receipt forms which was ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY, log in, check emails and do other required administrative work. There were YEARS where you had to come home to do these reports because there was no such thing as WIFI in a coffee shop or parking lot.

Our manager was known for riding by people's houses to make sure their car was not in the driveway during clinic time. And you can best believe that their were reps PFIRED because of this. Even when they were doing Pfizer work at HOME, in their HOME OFFICE. So if you think for a minute that we weren't pressured and REQUIRED to be in the clinics from 9-5 and do all admin work AFTER business Hours, you weren't around before WIFI.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were canned for no reason (yes, no reason, after multiple years of winning sales contests and making Pfizer multiple-billions of dollars in the process), you're an idiot for not being part of the lawsuit. It costs you nothing.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"winning sales contests and making Pfizer multiple-billions of dollars in the process".....hahahahahahaha. This is an all-time great quote. You're a REP. Jesus christ who convinced you your job matters? Now THAT person can sell.