Pfizer Overtime Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Federal law states that an employee can reach back to three years of salary, and at triple time. So the payout would consider the overtime you had worked over a three year period, and the multiply that by three. Could be significant. The case should be (and will seek) about $500 million

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And well deserved to those who worked overtime. It's about time that the corporate world be held accountable and pay, non managers overtime.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's right! I forgot about that. Let's see, we were suppose to call on offices between 8-5. Then do paperwork after dinner to about 10pm. Also work weekend conferences without extra pay or time off, work the POA meetings from 7am to 5pm with a 15-30 minute break to change for dinners that lasted from 6:30-10:00pm.

As I recall, many of us didn't have much of a Life, outside Pfizer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder what the long term implications will be for joining the lawsuit. From what I heard, future employees all research the list prior to making an offer. I am not sure if this is correct or not. I saw a person’s name on the list that shocked me! I thought she was smarter than that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did you find the list of people on the lawsuit list. I submitted my information along time ago but never got any confirmation, and was curious where to look to see if I am actually part of the suit. Thanks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look in your underwear. If there is a skidmark, then you are part of it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's a bunch of BS. Future employers don't research the list.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares if someone researches it for a future job. Shit, Pfizer hired that guy that was a whistleblower as a VP!!!!!!! Then he blew the whistle on Pfizer lol... you give HR too much credit.

Those of us who worked overtime did so b/c that was expected and necessary if you wanted to get good reviews and/or get promoted. I had friends in other industries doing the same or less amount of work and they were paid time and a half. That's the way it is and PFE was getting away with it. Did they pay us well? yes. Did this lawsuit come about b/c of the layoffs and lack of 'respect for people' that pfe showed us? Yes. Too bad PFE. I'll wait for my check in the mail.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those words are the Truth. Before WIFI reps worked after hours doing administrative work. It's not like we were managers who worked overtime to complete projects. Pfizer owes.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blah, blah, blah! The real story is on the Novartis board. They are all debating how much they will receive from their OT settlement. Uncle PFE will be forced to bend over and settle this one too. The best part is that I left PFE after the FFT RIF (Jan 07), and I can't wait to see how much we get out of this thing. Even $100 would make me grin.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That post is spot-on and gives a perfect example of how we were forced to work overtime everyday. Yes we were salaried but we weren't allowed to do our administrative work during normal working hours which forced us to work evenings and weekends to get this mandatory work done. This work entailed entering calls and starter forms, transmitting to the host, checking emails, doing online training modules, analyzing sales data, doing expense reports, and often being told we had new, urgent, mandatory projects or reports that had to be done ASAP.

We could not do this work during the day because we had to be "off line" or would be risking our jobs if we logged on before 5pm. This type of work structure left people with very little time for personal or family time, and I seriously feel that I was forced to put work over family time for all those years because I simply could not balance all the demands Pfizer put on me to do it all and still enjoy life.

So for any idiots that say we're just whining and don't deserve anything because we were salaried, I say they have no clue what a hellish existence that was and how no judge in this country should allow a company to abuse their employees in this manner.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on! Before public WIFI our lives were hell. I do not know ONE DM or RM with Pfizer at that time that allowed us regular working hours to do all the Administrative tasks that the job required. Day of field work followed by evenings and weekend of administration. The salary really wasn't That Great. You people think that pharma reps make a lot of money.....well they don't for the revenue they generate and all the BS.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. If we had been commissioned based reps who made direct sales it would be a different story. Also if we had been allowed to set our own schedule. Truth is we had to march to management's orders. If any drug company should pay overtime, it's definately Pfizer, in mine and many opinions, due to the Micromanagement of it's sales reps who did indeed work evenings and weekends, OVERTIME, especially during the era of "no WIFI". We were not given time during clinic hours (8-5) to do administrative work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true; thanks for speaking the truth to ES!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it was even bad AFTER wifi. Managers would bust you on your coaching reports if they saw that you were doing an expense report before 5pm or other reports. Total micromangement without the evening pay. One lawyer, I heard, stated that reps were "managers".....I laughed pretty hard when I read that.

I'll never forget the insanity of the CALL schedule they forced on us through some computer program. If we were "managers" who were able to decide when and whom to call on, then it may be one thing. But we were told to comply with an idiotic Call Plan Program 5 days a week from 8am to 5pm. All other business had to be done after "Call" hours. I think I still have a copy of that Call Program on CD Rom. Good evidence.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my long career at Pfe I was never managed as an hourly employee that deserved overtime pay. Great pay and great benefits. Other stuff sucked but not the pay.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay really isn't that great when you compare to reps who actually SELL medical products. And some reps WERE managed like an hourly employee. Here's the thing, we aren't sales people and we aren't managers. There exists Labor Laws on working overtime for non-management roles. Many of us worked at night and on weekends because we were told NOT to do administration during clinic hours.
    Managers were actually allowed Friday Administration Days but reps were NOT allowed any hours during clinic hours for administrative work.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprisingly, nothing has changed, except that our after field hours workload has increased. Pfizer will shit on you to the bitter end it appears.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If any Pharma company should pay it, Pfizer should. Some companies allow administration time during clinic hours. Not Pfizer.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN...time wounds all heals!