Pfizer Overtime Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enough of this bullshit already including the last pun that sounds like it is right out of some dipshit out of Lake Wobegon Wisconsin. If you can tell me you worked straight through 8-5pm everyday without taking time for anything or cut the day short or cut Fridays short to go for the weekend etc...then fine, but we all know that is not how it works. We all love the job because of the unwritten knowledge of being able to take that day or 3 hours here or there to make a school function, play golf, get the nails done, head off to a jewelry store, beat traffic to get to the lake house, etc...as long as we hit our numbers and put in after hours to get the job done. Hell our DMs nver cared as long as we delivered.

Get off your high horse and move on. The majority of people in this suit were the biggest abusers of this code because I know you and we used to sit aroiund talking about it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is food for thought... The ultimate proof that drug reps are not sales people is that when they try to get hired by other medical sales companies, the most common reason they do not get the job is ...... "Drug reps don't sell anything!"

Not trying to be funny but the case is built on reps qualifying as hourly employees instead of sales people.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The majority"...from where do you get your data? You're just a clanging symbol, piece of shit!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS POST is Great! Sums it all UP! It shouldn't have been a "game" and Managers shouldn't Bully reps about time spent in the field and not having day time to do paper work. Pfizer's upper management should have been more responsible in how the DM's treated reps. And I do know reps who worked 8-5 in the field everyday and then came home at night to do paperwork or do a dinner program until 10pm. Just because some people abused the system, doesn't mean everyone did. And it's not our fault that Pfizer had no way of managing who cut out early and who didn't.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's right!! I Remember that. How fncked up is that? I know a rep who got Pfired because their phone reciept (land line) had calls on it during clinic time. (She was home doing paperwork- Pfizer business/)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh just shut the fuck up! It is a game you wussy. One to play and win. It is the only way it is fun. Go work in a carwash pussy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well then let this be an expensive lesson for Pfizer. Management needs to stop playing games with reps and making time demands unless it wants to pay within Labor Law guidelines. If there is a training module or any other administrative work to be done, it needs to be CRYSTAL CLEAR that these tasks can be done with out being repremanded, during business hours. Otherwise, it's hostile.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I happen to own a couple, you wussy. Together they make more money per year than a Bully, Pfizer DM or whatever you call those clowns these days.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a big game...check out Adele's overall yearly compensation of 5.7 million on the Annual Financial reports!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh well, then. That does it. If they can afford to pay her that, then they can afford to pay the "Detail/Sample Droppers" overtime.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just realized something: when I was just starting out, we didn't have counterparts. I had a Roerig rep that went her way, and I went mine.

It seems that my manager had us doing about 3-4 dinner programs a month. We had real paperwork to do back then, because the company did not yet adopt computers. NO ONE had those gigantic car phones, and I don't think that the company had yet adopted voice mail technology. So, 1st thing you did when you got home was to check all of your messages, and react to them. God forbid that you were coming home from a dinner program at the far edge of your territory (My territory was almost a square (about 70 miles in each direction from the center, where I HAD to live).

Here's my point of this pedantic history lesson: I never heard a peep about "overtime" until 15 years later, well after the territory sizes were cut down by 75%, and my reps had a few counterparts. Overtime implies that you've put in your full 40 hours, not including commute time. The way I was taught by Mick Mosebrook (who later went on to be President of Pfizer)..aahh,never mind. You spoiled kids will be taught your lesson after you get canned from here. Pharma won't hire you (no real Pharma left, except maybe for Merck), and wait until you hear how the rest of the working world perceives you.

Overtime, my eye!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know you loser thats why I said carwashes. You don't think I know it is you. Working to get rid of you as I type. Have a good one rolls royce.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the RPs are over 700K. What joke! Laying off people and padding their do nothing pockets. No soul. The house of cards will be a tumbling soon as it has been from the bottom up. By then these scum can retire and laugh at our lives in ruin.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even though I would benefit from any overtime payout, I wish you friggin whiners would grow up. Or ask those that have been cut what its like "out there", with everyone sitting in cubes all day, senior managers looking through your online activities, no company car, crappy benefits, and much time filling out timesheets. Oh, those time sheets.
    Look, what we do for a living pales in comparison to what we make in salary. If you've been around for more than 10 years, unless you sneak into a successful biotech or med equipment firm, you'll never again get paid a salary like this and have so little responsibility.

C'mon now: we use an accursed electronic device to help us detail a drug (or an active metabolite of a drug) that's probably been around for over 10 years. Our doctors have heard the "presentation" (all 45 seconds of it) countless times over the past decade. We do this inane act 4-8 times a day, 4-5 days a week, but we drive a long time to get to this doctor's office, AND we sit and wait an average of 15 minutes to see him/her.

For this, we get paid more than most professionals our age, and enjoy better benefits.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and there you have it, what made America great, complacency.....NOT!

You sir are a douche. Top performers are marked by their restlessness and uneasiness with the status quo, as well as poor leadership.

The day people stop looking to make something better is the day they start dying.

Wonder why Pfizer is dying, it is because of idiots like you in combination with the arrogant pinheads who think they can cut their way to prosperity.

I will stay thirsty my friend!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you point is what? Overtime is overtime; a person's work, dignity and respect must be maintained. The US Supremes will weigh into this conversation on April 16, 2012, set the record straight and call the industry to task. Overtime is overtime!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me too, a toast with my Dos Equis!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overtime is Due. Not my problem if some people abused their time during clinic hours. It's Pfizer's.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh just shut up you mutt and get a job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top performers? Stay thirsty? You better check yourself: you're a DETAIL REP, OK? Do you read anything besides Pfizer emails and Pharmaceutical Rep? We are flotsam. Even those front office people treat us like crap (except when we have Italian food--NOT PASTA---FOR LUNCH) For those of us that make over $100,000, it's rare for us to get hired at 75% of our salaries after we get cut.

So go ahead and "stay thirsty" dropping off samples and doing those canned marketing presentations. Let's see how well you "top performers" are welcomed into other industries after your demise.