Promius Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Promius Pharma' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you are uncomfortable with start ups than you should stay away. some make it, some dont. go with a more established company and take your negativity with you. dont be a downer...seriously.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What part of the country are the interviews taking place? Has anyone interview for the Northeast yet?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"if you are uncomfortable with start ups than you should stay away. some make it, some dont. go with a more established company and take your negativity with you. dont be a downer...seriously."

Perhaps the original poster should have said start ups are risky, which they are. Those of us in the business for over 15 years have seen companies come and go, some of them very well funded with excellent products. From the reps perspective, there is a lot outside of your control. Start ups can also be very exciting, so just go in with your eyes wide open. The experienced people at the top generally get guaranteed contracts, so they do not necessarily have the downside that is at the rep level. Dr. Reddy has good funding, but if they are not willing to pony up to fill their pipeline with existing products, development can take a lot longer than any one usually predicts. The plug can be pulled any time the investment is not meeting expectations. If you are a person asking more about benefits and the 401K plan, you may want to stick with big pharma.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Connetics reps are one the best reps out there because they can sell a generic branded products to anyone. They did an excellent job on branded Olux vs. generic Clobetsol. Those reps have great relationships with high prescribers and it sounds like it will be a great start up like old school Connetics. If you cant handle it then dont interview.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard this company is also looking to buy other derm companies which could provide a bit more stability for a rep coming into a start up. I heard that if they do buy other companies they will keep their own reps over anyone else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone get an offer yet? If so, what was it?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a high risk involved with any start ups, yes we have seen a share of small to mid-size derm companies being gobbled up. But then who ever heard of Forest Laboratories 7 years ago? No pain, no gain. If the start up is planned by professionals there is always a chance of being another Medicis or PharmaDerm (who just purchased Doak). The possibilities are endless, just be open-minded but by all means go in with eyes wide open.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i like the positive attitude! we need more of that!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is there stock
    what kind of car
    what start date are they looking for
    what kind of packages
    what is training like
    those are the important questions

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know if they have a Northeast manager, I applied and have heard nothing. Anyone who's had a phone interview....where are you located??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Car is Volvo 2-60 What are they paying as far as base salaries go?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Volvo S-60

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about suv's for the snow belt there has to be a choice other than just one car i would think

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone get an offer yet? When does home study start? When does training start?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told they want to get the management team in place before they start the interview processes with for a sales force. This is probably 2 months away from starting the interviewing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they have already started interviewing in some cities and are already on to the final interview.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about interviewing in the Dallas area? What is the manager like? He seems very nice as far as managers go. What about the VP of sales Jeff Wayne? What is he like? I think I am interviewing with him too. Any advice?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is my understanding Promius is also interviewing in the Southeast which includes the Dallas, Austin and Houston areas and all the way to Florida. I talked to a person who interviewed in Dallas. They said the manager is based out of Dallas with several years of management experience. They said they liked his management style and thought he would be good to work for. Seemed to have a common sense approach.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Careful folks...this is obviously "seed" postings from this company. Several posts rapid fire within minutes all saying the same thing?! Just be careful. If they are serious they've gotten involved with recruiters or managers are becoming known.

Could be a good thing but could be smoke and mirrors.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have started interviews in some regions and want to have their sales force in place by mid June