Rosa Delays

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, May 12, 2020 at 3:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have an answer that isn’t corporate BS regarding Rosa availability. I know it’s hard to believe, but we actually have a facility willing to pay for one but I can’t get a straight answer as to when we can actually deliver.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard there were some serious issues that are causing delays. I didn't think we were actually selling them anymore.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Timing couldn’t be worse. We’ve over promised on this platform and we’ll under deliver which is awful.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not True...just sold one and it’s on its way.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ouch on future contract pricing. Killed us.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was excited about the Rosa until I actually saw it... Congratulations, we bought a glorified navigation unit while everyone else has developed a true robotic system. I’m only aware of placements, not sure who would be dumb enough to actually pay for one.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel exactly as you do. I wouldn’t even call it glorified navigation. Also heard several units malfunctioned during placement trials, and surgeons are tired of it as soon as they start using it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for Covid to mask Rosa

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously someone clueless asking this question. There are 500+ robots in warehouses ready to be sold.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

500+ robots collecting dust shows Everyone how cheap these really are...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We just placed one on one weeks notice. No problems here.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ouch. Get ready to lose money on your paycheck after the Rosa bump. Most of my contracts dropped 1/3rd+ price of total joint cases. Working harder for less money all of a sudden. F this wanna be.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's fun getting paid to give away a $700k robot...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

clearly you are an idiot if a ROSA placement decreased your price 1/3. I got 2 in Florida and I am busier (and richer) than ever.

now reply, insult me, and do all the stuff you do

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have no dog in this hunt, but if there really are 500+ robots in a warehouse then someone really f'ed up the forecast.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that old dog won't hunt

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Free Rosa for EVERYONE!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are the Oprah of Robots... you get a robot, you get a robot!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have tried to look at this with an open mind. After 20 years in the business, I can honestly say this is nothing more than old school navigation. I covered Brainlab cases 12 years ago that had better software flow and precision. Watch the surgical video. No soft tissue balancing, no improvements from standard technique. Levine free hands his assessment, and even when trials or implants are in, it doesn’t match the pre-op plan. Knee ended in 3 degrees of varus, and he thought it was great. At least his paycheck was. You can park these anywhere you want, but it won’t be long before they are kicked out faster than a rep with Covid. It brings new meaning to the phrase “a long run for a short slide”. No way you can show that this improves outcomes. “We will help market your practice, doc”. Oh, yeah, that Mako surgeon down the road has been doing that for 5 years now. Nobody cares anymore. Granny doesn’t trust cell phones, so why would she want a robot doing her surgery. I’ll pass on promoting this to my docs...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it.
    Spoiler alert: the Emperor’s not wearing any clothes.