Severance packages when Aducanumab isn't approved

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by BIIB adu/3131, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. So they have completed packages if denied, but many will also be placed into new opportunities. Will this be conducted through two calls?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You tell us. You seem to have all the info.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only thing that many of us know is that packages have been created and completed by HR

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are almost no “new opportunities.” Tec is dead and SMA is melting down. 2 weeks and a cookie is what you are looking at.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2-4 weeks
    Never take a job that depends on one drug that’s not even approved.
    Do you even pharmaceutical bro?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a chance for 4 weeks

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL you mustn't make good money. Just about any successful professional in this industry has taken a new job prior to a launch, many several times. That is the norm in the industry. Risk takers are rewarded and positively looked at when they look for opportunities. People that stay in their bubble and have been in the same disease state for years are not thought highly of. Truth.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell the recruiter that when Biogen gives you your 2 weeks severance

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL no worries. Save this post and look back at it when you are wrong. Packages will start at 3 months. Guaranteed. Don't bother responding back whether you believe it or not. Just save this post. You'll continue to look like an idiot if you keep posting. Promise you are wrong moron. In addition, all sign-on bonuses will be forgiven and everyone gets to keep.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else’s manager hinting at no approval? They’re starting to “socialize” that we might be severed. Guess we will know soon if they don’t start working on label since we are at the 6 wk mark.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not getting approved and you're correct about discussions about ramifications of a denial. Expect a very, very swift response after it is announced on the internet. This won't be days, but mere hours. It will be quick as they have planned for this. Approx. 30% will employees will be given reallocations. Severance packages have already been planned and arranged. Human Resources has a carve out plan to deploy. It has been a very very odd ride to something that was doomed from the very beginning. Looking back, they had no business unearthing this lemon for a second time.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is true, what a colossal waste of time, money and resources for everyone especially customers and accounts.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Severance is 13 weeks. Anyone who took this gig, including myself, realized that an ADU approval was a 50/50. I presume anyone who took this gig also realizes that there isn’t anything in the Biogen portfolio that is going to keep us around if and when the FDA says no. So be it. I was destined to move on from my last gig with or without this opportunity from Biogen.

Truth is, the last 9 months have been a relatively well-paid break from the bigger-pharma hardcore KPI bs that’s geared towards your average 25 year-old. Most of my former colleagues have spent the last four quarters banging their heads against the wall trying to hit X number of calls per day in the Covid environment and move business via Veeva Engage. No particular metrics rat-race here for the last year....and that alone was worth the risk for me. #tooeasy

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With 2 negative pivotals it was never 50/50. More like 10/90. Sounds like you were moving on regardless, but those that weren’t have learned that even if you are a rep, you need to do your homework on an opportunity and have some bare minimum understanding how drug approvals work.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your post is fairly accurate, although I don't appreciate your #tooeasy remark. I guess that would depend on the type of manager you have. Mine has been up my team's crawl since the very beginning. Constant report backs, meetings, ride-alongs, shadowing. And could depend on your territory as well. Some territories could give 2 shits about this drug and have doubted its approval from the very beginning, sending many of scrambling to get any interactions. So no, this has not been an easy or fun job in the slightest for many. Was it worth the move? For me personally, not this time around but the risk has been worth it on other launches. Your leadership dictates the level of satisfaction and unfortunately for many of us, that leadership has been very micro managed and bad. One thing for sure is that many of us are ready for this to be over. And I recently took a pulse with many folks I interact with here at Biogen, overwhelmingly they believe this will get a denial. Not a complete no, but a request for additional study. I have also been told there will be some positions open for some of the future opportunities, but I suspect that will be fewer than most realize. I have also been told the package is decent, which should give everyone plenty of time to find another job.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Packages will be laid out to each affected employee 2 days following denial announcement.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that! Can we say denial

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a very accurate assessment of the 3rd or 4th choices that took this job. The top choices explored the opportunity, but backed out when offered. Those that accepted were running from something

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL thanks. This my friends up above is from a MORON that was rejected. Rejected. Rejected. Go away sour grapes. Biogen went with the top candidates and left many candidates disappointed. So long sour grapes and go seek counsel on how to handle things better in your life.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest