Tempus what is going on

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, May 6, 2021 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewing here. Everyone tells me to run the other way. I have run into this one manager before and she has a really smug attitude, but I thought she was a sales rep. If she is going to be my manager, there is no way.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol you are interviewing there but don’t know who the hiring manager is?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Other than smug, and once thought of a sales rep? Either way, sign of a poorly run company.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst company! I heard reps are dropping like flies, doctors don’t like testing. They see them as a “data” company. They are putting reps on plans for not making their numbers… RUN!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New VP of sales is a clueless joke. Has no experience or knowledge of
    mental health space. The company is being sued for allowing reps to see all patient's genetic results. Dr's are being notified this is going on. This company will be gone within 6 months.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The people running the mental health division have no idea what they are doing. They have ZERO sales experience in healthcare, and more specifically, PGx in mental health. They have an inside sales team that gets praised every time one of them makes goal (which you only need 10 fingers to count…hahaha).
    The majority of outside sales reps left within the last 10 months, mostly due to the new VP of Sales, who transferred over from the infectious disease division which he basically ran into the ground. Before coming to Tempus, he ironically came from Groupon…..TOTALLY DIFFERENT SPACE.
    Operations is the next major problem that’s killing them. As impressive as this high tech data company is, they cannot seem to do simple things. Operations does not like to have their “workflow” impeded on, so they do not particularly like to accommodate to a customers request. The VP of Sales admitted that “I love to tell people no!” Well, no wonder why accounts complain and end up not using them anymore. Instead of you all reading your self wellness books, why don’t you go and ride with the reps and see what’s really going on…oh wait, they can see what’s going on by just looking at the accounts data on a spreadsheet. There is zero human factor taken into account there at all. It’s all about metrics and checking a box, because you do realize there’s a correlation between checking the box and success (that was meant as sarcasm in case the robots couldn’t compute that).
    Here’s a little tidbit…your spreadsheets don’t show the doctor and his staff’s anger, frustration, and sheer amazement as to why you make the whole experience harder, instead of simpler…meanwhile, the one they are supposed to be all about, THE PATIENT, is the one that suffers and loses out.
    The sad part is that the mission, the test, and the overall precision medicine platform is THE BEST…so why not have someone that has the sales experience, PGx experience, and the experience in mental health run the show?……THEY DID!!!……But they didn’t listen to, or implement any of the suggestions that were made. The arrogance there is blatantly obvious, and that arrogance will be their downfall.
    Good Luck!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Such a subpar company. Chasing kits. Weak culture. Cheap.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does the company even do their own testing?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't this where Scovitch is? I will never work for the same company as him ever again. Creepy men constantly hitting on girls is not a good look.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All he does is talk about himself. On calls, at meetings, all the time. Weak leader. Average in everything at best.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The same can be said for the VP in Nashville.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

high rep turnover cause customers drop tempus for bad data and they leave bad work space. go to glassdoor. high turnover other depts too.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It their own testing and very poor, customers don't like it. Not surprise, high turnover of techs who complain about working conditions and bad management. High turnover in sales with incorrect data delivery happen all time and customers cancel contracts.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

company going down quick. lots of top people leave. rumor ipo can't happen.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what about the expansion?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tempus is next Theranos, it BS

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% - FDA/CMS on LDT statement allegedly cause of Tempus

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have hard insight into Tempus going down? I hear rumors everywhere, but nothing substantiated. I hear that their oncology line is safe, but may be laying off up to 50% of total workforce regardless