The Amgen culture of teleconferences

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why? Why?

I just got moved into a Amgen Enbrel district. We have multiple standing calls every week. MULTIPLE.

Does anyone realize this cuts down on calls?

Calls are how we make impact?

Impact is how I make bonus?

How did this evolve?

How can it be stopped?

I was going to stay here, but I think now I will leave for Incyte, AZ or Regeneron.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all Celgene, be happy you have a job! One of Amgen's biggest mistakes was bringing over the entire sales team with Otezla. Why are you complaining? You got a retention bonus! A lot of very good Enbrel reps got cut.

You don't like it here...LEAVE! There are 50 qualified people that want your job in your market.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all Celgene, be happy you have a job! One of Amgen's biggest mistakes was bringing over the entire sales team with Otezla. Why are you complaining? You got a retention bonus! A lot of very good Enbrel reps got cut.

You don't like it here...LEAVE! There are 50 qualified people that want your job in your market.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck. Amgen doesn't care. They have 100 people lined up for your job.

I do think Amgen has WAY TOO MANY teleconferences and web exes.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of pharma seems to do this shit. The problem is that field management doesn’t have P& L responsibility. They think their job is have teleconferences. It’s just like politicians-they don’t care what they fuck up as long as they get re-elected.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another Otezla rep crying on Cafepharma? Shocking. Leave. There are no shortage of people that will happily take your place. The sooner you realize that your whining-ass-rep opinion doesn't mean anything to us, the happier you'll be. We don't give a damn about what you like, and you'll get on every call that is sent to you through Outlook. Celgene is gone. Get it over it, cookie.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know that you believe that your Bachelor's qualifies you to recite a PI to someone with 3 - 5 times your level of education so that they can make the right decision when treating their patients, but your 2 minute pitch to a medical professional is not moving the needle. Why would anyone care that you think that you will now leave for another company? Are you looking for someone to beg you to stay? You're not irreplaceable. There are 1,000s of laid off reps now looking for a job. You work for Amgen. If you hate the items listed within your job description, start your own company where you'll be the sole decision maker. It says a lot more about your worth, when we believe that we will see organic growth with you being pulled from the field for "teleconferences," then it does for the people scheduling these calls.

We made billions before you, we'll make billions after you, rep.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Celgene valued reps as sales people, Amgen does not. Celgene believed you could move the needle as a sales rep, Amgen does not. Celgene thought that sales meetings were a waste of time as they took you out of the field, Amgen does not. Celgene thought most other pharma reps were monkeys with iPads, Amgen does not. Celgene placed emphasis on solo promotion and small sales forces, Amgen does not.

None of this is to say that one way is right and the other is wrong..but it is to say that coming from Celgene to Amgen is about the largest culture shock you can experience in pharma. Celgene showed you other territories with similar market volume and congratulated you for doing $10 million more in sales. I’m not saying they should have, maybe your water pill/worst in class dog was selling itself. I’m sure it was managed care every single time right. I’m sure most Celgene reps will slowly leave, I know most were counting on a severance though.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop this nonsense. You don't actually sell anything. Sales reps are influences. You're not selling shit. To sell there has to be an exchange of goods for money. Doctors make prescribing decisions independent of your sales pitches. You're not selling cars here, although most of you are just about as ignorant and unrefined as a used car salesman

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And you sir/mam/it are another fine example of a diversity high powered MBA that is ruining the f'ing company

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look people, you’re ALL expendable so get over yourselves and stop complaining. And FYI the grass is not greener in other companies.

But that said, we all deserve respect so did Amgen treat people that were laid off well? Was the severance fair?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please stop. Merck will take it from here, they have their own salesforce and any Director or above is a goner.

TO will become an overgrown weed patch.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1) I'm Jewish and white
    2) I don't have an MBA. Just a really good bachelor's
    3) there are lots of reasons Amgen sucks, being educated isn't one of them. I agree on the woke DE&I bullshit is awful, but that's irrelevant to the fact that sales people don't actually complete a transaction. You're not selling. You're influencers at best

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen laid off people and knew exactly what they were doing. They wanted these people gone for the most part. They didn't allow them to interview for other positions. Not sure about the severance. I think Amgen probably treated them fairly with that.

That virtual field force..wonder how much they are getting paid and if anyone would have wanted that job for less money?

Amgen has far too many teleconferences. I'm sure Celgene people are in shock here, LOL. Amgen is totally big Pharma. It is NOT biotech. We are micromanaged like cattle. lots of meetings, web ex, teleconferences talking about how to sell vs. having us in front of the customer. That expense stuff at the end of the year took some reps out of the field for a week.... just saying.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are some biotech companies that are still worth working for that don’t have this kind of mentality?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You Celgene reps just need to give it up. I’ve been an Enbrel rep longer than I care to admit to and 90% of the reps here have never even launched a drug. The stuff you are pontificating about, they can’t even relate to. They been suckling on the big pharma tit so long that they actually believe all reps are useless. Let’s be real, I’m close to retirement.. we are all here for the 401k and the ability to go through the day brain dead.

You guys will never see eye to eye, you’ll never be teammates, and you’ll never be friends. Reps on my team are already colluding to undercut Celgene reps... so stay off CP, stop stirring the pot, and maybe they’ll move on.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seriously amazes me how many people stay at a job they are miserable at just for the 401k! Just take 20k out of your salary a year and put it in the stock market for goodness sake and be happy at a new company!!! The days of working for a company for their stock plan is gone. Take responsibility and build your own wealth. Almost every company does match, not quite like Amgen, but its a match!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They led you to believe that it was fair but it isn't. 16 weeks but they are subtracting the time you are on the Warn notice from the 16 weeks. Plus you get 1 week for every year that you were here. So basically the are f'ing you out of 8 weeks.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You surmised all of that from one paragraph. There's nothing wrong with being highly educated, dumb ass. It's, you, knuckle dragging reps that are the problem.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong. Amgen is giving you 16 weeks of paid time off, when it is not required, but that's not good enough. Put your f'king hand back in your pocket. It could be that you work for the next 8 weeks, and in April, you leave with your local unemployment office's number.

21. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what severance plan did you get? I got warn notice of 60 days plus a severance payout of 10 months base pay +target bonus. Did I miss something? I’ve read mine about 5x.