The Amgen culture of teleconferences

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Feb 9, 2021 at 8:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude will you stfu. You got the otezla severance plan. The enbrel reps hate us enough as is you are making it worse for those of us still here.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SO Otezla/Celgene people got MORE????????????

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Celgene people were protected under the merger agreement with BMY for a period of 30 months with an enhanced severance package. Depended on things like years of service, pay grade, previous ratings but on average a laid off Celgene person got 50% more than a laid of Amgen-bot.

Either way you look at it, both are lucky as hell and have enough to find another job where you don't spend 20 hours a week faking it on teleconferences.

The unlucky ones are those of you who are still there.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yup as per usual Amgen treats it’s actual employees like crap. They gave another company’s reps more everything, one of them showed me. They got a retention bonus, whatever their real IC is gets doubled by Amgen, 70k in Amgen stock, more vacation. Makes zero sense especially considering they didn’t even choose to work here. I actually picked this company to work for wtf.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was celgene/bms’s original but out contract no doubt

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you should know is that the Amgen equity award is one of the worst in the industry. The 65k I got was standard for an executive rep. The DMs got a lot more. Now, as an ACTIII I was scheduled to get 12k a year? WFT? Explains why I am gone.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How was it determined? Was it so many weeks/months per year with Amgen? How long were you with Amgen?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point. What’s the base salary? Ballpark

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

welcome to amgen
    tons of conference calls weekly
    they talk about how to sell but don't sell

salaries are terrible. 120 k to 130 k max no matter if you have 30 years in industry. they pay bad. why are so many leaving