VBU - Bonus Structure is exactly how they planned

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 11, 2021 at 5:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to anyone that hasn’t realized this. The goal of the VBU is to work you like hell, make as much money for the company as possible, and pay you as little of a bonus as possible. Hoping you’ll be too stupid and too lazy to look for a better job, of which they are many. But that’s only if you aren’t lazy. Newsflash, your bonus is going to suck for most of you. You made thousands for the company and you get a $3K bonus. Lol. Everyone should get at least $10K net for a bonus each quarter. Or close to. Look elsewhere. A lot of these big companies are robbers.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good grief!!! I am appalled at the lack of competent leadership in this company!! My manager is a total dumbass and no clue how our bonuses are calculated. Somebody step up and call this bullshit what it is!!!! We are going to lose everyone who is really worth a shit to some great companies. Help!!!!!!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rings true for me. The friggin joke is on us. Setting unrealistic goals set well into the quarter and dangling big spifs that they know would never happen. I would like to know exactly how many regions make the spif. How many regions made their targeted payout? Unless you make 180 or 250 payout on your highest weighted product not a chance in hell you will even get close. Better yet since GSK is all about transparency how about you tell us how you can hold us accountable for retail for one vaccine and we are not allowed to support this segment and you hold reps to growth or declines in this segment. How is this fair? You are driving your teams back into 75% FTF selling when still much of the industry is remote. Taking the risk of going into environments where there is a deadly disease for base pay when you can largely accomplish the same results remotely? Not a chance. Kiss my ass. What about being fair for once GSK you are a bunch of cons.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Realize if you choose to stay in the VBU nothing will be fair. It's the new model. Screw the reps and if they hate it, good ridden. The unit has gone to hell. Decent bonuses are a thing of the past. If you want a career, you better get out. Those of u with no option, good luck, you're in for a total shit show.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds about right. My FLL is a moron. Sits at home all day and sends out email after email of meaningless crap to do. None of which will help sell. He’s just trying to justify his job. The truth is, the team doesn’t need him at all. The bonus goals they set are completely unrealistic on purpose. Then they try to make it seem like they are doing US a favor by changing the goals and lowering them when we don’t hit them. Here, we will give you chumps $2000.00. You sold 1 million dollars worth of vaccine this quarter , so here is $2K for ya.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. My FLL was dangling that spiff junk in my face and I just tuned him out. Nonsense. We have two great vaccines in Bexsero and Shingrix, but management sucks so they don’t do well. Let’s have more role plays. Let’s do more work in illuminate. Let’s fill out more spreadsheets in one drive. Let’s have so many conference calls so that it’s not even worth leaving your house because it’s 10 am when you’re done and you won’t get into the field to lunch time. Meanwhile, the smart companies have their reps out there selling.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. The VBU is finished. I am on my way out to a new job. Things are only going to get worse in the VBU. The smart people are leaving. Only people staying are those close to retirement and people with their eyes wide shut.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Imagine liking your employer and enjoying your job.
    This is only possible if you leave GSK.
    I finally did and soooo glad I'm with a company that appreciates it's employees.
    Life is short, why live in misery.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just assumed all big pharma was the same, managers screw with u and make u feel worthless, have u do meaningless tasks, talk behind your back to everyone and at all cost throw subornates under the bus.
    After 23 years at gsk a progressively worsening atmosphere I left to another large pharma.
    Can't tell you what a wonderful place. Management super, most important reps likes their jobs. When I left gsk, truthfully I knew no one who enjoyed their job. If u have unhappy reps, how do u think u will have a a successful company?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gsk the worst.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of this! Not to mention GSK underpays their reps. I was barely making six figure base after so many years in VBU. Left 2 years ago and my base now is more then total comp at GSK! Screw them!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are new to pharma, maybe gsk is good to get into industry. After 2 years get out ASAP. Very toxic company.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good for you. GSK is crap. Can’t wait to the the hellzzzzzz outta this dump. I’ve seen soo many people resign this year it’s crazy. There is no perfect Big Pharma, but GSK is the worst of the worst.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Completely underpays us and the company makes all the money. Greedy bastards

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup. Get some experience and get the hell outta here.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How greedy? Greedy enough to sell psych drugs off label to children causing them to suicide, or a seizure disorder. Endorsed by management, with a seal of, “don’t get caught”. Such a bad evil company!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The vacay sucks. All my friends at other companies have a ton more vacation and actual sick days.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Count me as one who is leaving the VBU. Called and gave my notice today and moving on to my new job in two weeks.
    Starting salary is 20k more than I am here with 4 years under my belt.
    Spoke to customers and reps at the new company. Only glowing remarks. Over the past 3 years the target salary increase has been 5.5%. Customers were what sold me, such glowing remarks of both product and reps. Culture seemingly complete reverse of the VBU.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wise move and all the best to you at the new company. You won’t miss GSK no matter what.