Vivitrol Sales Team

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2008 at 5:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any opinions on the Vivitrol Sales Team? I know its a small specialized group but any other information would be helpful. I am considering this opportunity.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you on crack?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you with Cephalon now? Are you with Alkermes now? You must not be.

They just laid off half of that sales force, half of which had better sales than half of the ones that stayed. Even the ones without good sales were proven good sales people just in bad situations with various issues in their territories.

If someone has left ask to see their numbers for the last year compared to the rest of the sales force. This will give you a good idea. Don't fall for the argument that the rep before you was not that good, they all were and are good.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's be honest. NONE of them are that good or the wouldn't have been working for Cephalon in the first place. I agree that the reps they kept are worse than the ones they fired--but that's not saying much. This is a 'bio-tech' wannabe company. If the sales force still on board could get hired anywhere else, they'd leave.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are some huge territories covering multiple states. I heard that this sales force is very much focused on reimbursemet issues with the drug. What is the reimbursement like with this drug? Is anyone on this team happy?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know what your beef is but you either don't work for Cephalon or you are disgruntled.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was very happy on the team until I got laid off. The company treated all of us very well when they laid us off with severence that was fair. The only problem I had was with how they determined who was or wasn't laid off because that wasn't spelled out to well. For the most part it went on senority it looked like though.
    Anyway, Vivitrol is a great medication and a pleasure to sell. I loved selling it because it really, really works. It does change the lives of people and their families who are on it. Like all meds there are issues. Reimbursement can be a problem as well as all the things that go into an injectable medication. The issues are complex and require hard work to not only learn them (because no one in the company is going to help you with that) but it is also difficult after you learn the issues to deal with them in an efficient way that addresses each problem. Each territory is different to a degree.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also worked as a Vivitrol rep. I got a better job a few weeks after ceph announced upcoming layoffs. I then chose to leave so I could get my fatty severance. I definately have no ill feelings but I would NEVER recommend someone take a job as a Vivitrol rep. That sales force will be gone from Ceph in about a year. the territories are huge, the quotas are doubled and the sales force has been cut in half (makes sense huh?). If the OP can get a job with ceph he or she must have a decent work history and can probably get a lot of different jobs... take one of those.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exact situation here - same feelings as well.

People that I still keep in touch with are looking, and regret not taking the package.

The drug does work, just alot of baggage.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they sell a drug that is laced with THC because that would sell. The problem is that people that drink don't want to quit getting high. THC would help in that process.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What were the issues related to reimbursement? You had a J-code, right? So what was the problem selling the drug to physicians? It looks like sales plummeted in 2007.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and it continues in 2008....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeal, it sucks here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is only so much the sales team can accomplish without the real issues being addressed. The marketing ideas are great but they are not solving the physicians problems. They do not want the additional paperwork or sending patients off to another injection location. Until the real issues are addressed the product will not be fully utilized by physicians whose patients could truly benefit. As much money as we have spent on samples, marketing etc. we could have used nurses association to inject this product and organize injections for patients once approved. Instead, we continue to beat our heads up against the wall with new marketing approaches. What gives? At our recent POA, which was a great one, we never addressed the real problems, the reason why the physician doesn't order. "Takes too much time and they do not want to send patients somewhere else." I continue to run into the same problems and it has nothing to do with our marketing pieces or our lack of passion for Vivitrol. We have tried everything else, why not try this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If vivitrol employees think that trying to get in with your buddies to get yourself a better position by trashing managers, directors, and reps is going to work, think again. Everyone is sorry you picked a failing division, but no need to throw your team under the bus to better yourself! We are onto your trash talk tactics

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you expect the vivitrol people to do? We have been struggling for the past two years and want a piece of the pie like everyone else. You would do the same thing if you were in our shoes! Everyone here is desperate to secure a job. Cut us some slack

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trash Talk? I wouldn't call the above reply trash talk..... I do find it to be an interesting observation though. Seems like when anyone brings up the real issue they are misinterpreted. I would think the real issues would be black and white by now....but noooo lets try a new color!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of the reps on this team are actually pretty decent, hard working bright individuals. The management however, is a mess on so many levels

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy....you sure told us, tough guy. What a fag.